OpticsPlanet?

Discussion in 'Consumer Reviews' started by 1inthechamber, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Has anyone shopped OpticsPlanet? I want to know if anyone's had any problems dealing with them?

I sent away for a bipod last Wednesday via money order, which means they would have had it by Saturday, Monday the latest. I emailed them on Monday and the reply I got was it has been shipped by the manufacturer and that I'd get a UPS tracking number soon. 3 days later (today) I emailed them again and got the exact same response. So I called the 800 number and I'm not even in the damn computer. The lady says it can take up to 2 weeks to process money order/mail orders. I asked her "it takes 2 weeks to cash a money order?!?!" I've always paid with money order whenever I purchase things online. Never had any problems. She says to be patient. I'm pretty patient until something doesn't seem right. It did seem weird that they don't ask you to register as a member first. I should of used CheaperThanDirt, even with all the problems I've heard from them, I'm sure they'd atleast process my order right away.

To say the least, I'm never going to use OpticsPlanet again. I even said how great their customer service is, but after this... I've changed my mind. I don't recommend them.

2. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Why don't you just get a prepaid visa card for your online purchases? They are just like gift cards, but you can use them like a visa. I would think it would be a lot less hassle and time if you did. As for your question about Optics Planet, I have not dealt with them, but it doesn't surprise me they take 2 weeks to process money orders. That payment method is not preferred by most online retailers and thus they wish to discourage people from using that method, by making it take longer than preferred electronic payment methods.

3. 1inthechamber

I used a money order with MidwayUSA, and less than 1 week, they processed my order and had my order shipped out.

With the prepaid credit cards, I've heard they charge monthly and other fees. I did look into getting one, but after learning the other charges, it wasn't really worth it.

4. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

5. 1inthechamber

I use a savings account now, but that's about it. I don't like having a checking account, for personal reasons/preference.