Petition to Open Carry In Texas

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by westernamerican, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

I hope this goes through, maybe Arkansas would follow suit.

2. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

6th generation Texan-born here. If I still lived down there I'd sign it for sure! good luck.

3. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Not to start an argument here but I myself personally don't see the need to open carry I'm not saying it shouldn't be illegal to but there is no real reason to anymore I can see open carry in a rural environment like out in the woods ect, but in a city or a crowded area nope

OK Now you can start throwing the bricks at me I ducked and covered my head :wink: :lol:

4. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Why would it be any more prudent to carry in the woods?

The same argument is made about gun in the first place... "why do you NEED guns?" Well... I don't. Why do I "need" to open carry? I don't. Do I have to justify everything I do? Do we need to quantify a need for everything we do before it's reasonable?

Look at it from this standpoint, is there a valid reason people should NOT be allowed to openly practice their 2nd ammendment rights? If there's not, then we should do everything we can to reclaim even the simplist and pettiest of rights that so many work so hard to take from us.

Why? Why not!

5. SHOOTER Z

The 2nd ammendment doesn't say anything about open carry where ever you see fit only the right to own said firearm. But enough on the subject I will not argu anymore as this is not the place for it I have my ideas and you all have your ideas we all are different so to each his own :D

6. pills

pills Guest

I hope it passes. Keep and bear arms.

7. khmer_gentleman

khmer_gentleman Well-Known Member

PA
    i've open carry a couple times. sometimes its just not comfortable to CC, well depending on how your dressed. and its one of those things, like Uraijit was saying. "A right unexercised is a right lost"

8. One thing about open carry, if BG's walk into a bank to rob it, and see 10 or 15 people carrying, they will probably change their mind.

If those same 10 - 15 people are carrying concealed, the BG's will try to rob the bank and gunfire will most likely fill the air.

9. SHOOTER Z

Or they will be crazy enough to open fire and mow down as many as they can. If they walk in with a full auto AK even open carry won't stand a chance. It can work both ways in this scenerio

10. You can look at it either way I suppose, but police open carry and you dont hear of too many people robbing police stations :wink: