Photos from where a Twister hit my town last night.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Maverick, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Here are some photos of where a twister hit downtown Owensboro last night. At work today I had to go downtown and a guy riding with me had a camera and took these pics. This is not all the damage done. Just the part we went by…

I live out in the country. The twister stated there and went into town. Not much to see in the country. You could just see where the tops of trees had been twisted off. A few barns got nailed but not much damage like in town.

(nobody was hurt or killed btw)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Thank the good Lord no one was hurt or killed Proprty can be replaced lives can't

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! That's damage like Katrina, only on a smaller scale! Glad you're ok!

4. Tornados can be very destructive. There was one that was an F5 (the biggest) that went through near Okla City and it was taking the houses and the concrete slabs the houses were sitting on. Took the grass and everything down to the soil. That was a bad one.

I get really nervous when tornado season comes, mobile homes do not fare well when hit by one. :shock:

5. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Man, thank God no injuries / deaths. I've never seen anything like that for real, or had that experience...... I wonder how folks find the strength some times.

6. There is really not too much you can to besides hope it hits somewhere beside you, to be brutally honest.

We had rotation the other night, but it didnt turn into a tornado, I was watching the news and waiting to see if we needed to head for the hidey hole.

7. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Wow. That's a lot of damage. You live in Owensboror? When I was a kid, we lived in Wheatley! Wow!

8. Ari

Ari Guest

I used to watch chanel 6 in Paducah

9. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

Glad noone was hurt... Man that could have been bad.

10. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

11. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Wow.

Glad I'm up in the Mountians at the moment. My father used to talk about the Tornados that would hit the midwest from when he was a kid...never could imagine living in something like that.

Glad to hear everyone made it out safe.

12. A friend of mine lost his daughter in the storm in missouri this week.The storm hit about 45 miles north of Columbia Mo.

13. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Man Tooguns... I'm really sorry to hear that.

I couldn't even begin to imagine...

14. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

there's no words to describe that kinda pain....... Tell your buddy, you have some great friends in this forum, and we all will keep him and his family and you, in our prayers. God bless...

15. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Glad to hear no one was hurt or killed.

I've experienced 1 tornado, but from a distance. Denver, CO had the sirens going and you can see the clouds spinning fast, green skies. The one I saw was miles away and part of it was blocked by some buildings, but was told that it was a tornado (confirmed by news stations later that day).

16. I feel for him, when you loose someone fast like that it kind of leaves you in shock.