Placement of front sight on ATI-ed 995s

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by browwiw, Nov 20, 2007.

1. browwiw

browwiw Well-Known Member

I've noticed in some pics of ATI-ed 995s that the owners have moved the front post sight back from the muzzle to the stock. Is there an advantage in this or is it just personal preference?

2. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Probably just preference...have it up against the stock rather than a bare barrel, the sight and then more bare barrel...

3. I bought th barrel shroud for a clean no sight look...

4. 9mmXfactor

9mmXfactor Member

anybody did a barrel shroud+front sight combo??? i'm still trying to decide what route to take :(.

5. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

No shrouds available as of yet allow the front sight to fit on as well...they are just long enough to cover the barrel from the muzzle to the stock...

6. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Guest

I have the front sight all the way back to the base of the ATI stock as does my friend,co-worker,and fellow forumer Patriot2980.
    It does not seem to shorten the sight radius at all and it seems to stream line the weapon as well.
    I'm a big believer in iron sights. I do enjoy optics and I do have them mounted on my weapons but everyone should stay in practice with iron sights.

I really wish someone would develop a barrel shroud that allows for the front to be positioned at the stock. That would be Sweet!

7. 1motion

1motion Guest

i would leave it at the end of the barrel for better accuracy.... thats where it should be in my opinion, i would never move the sights just to make something look better..... i think it looks out of place next to the stock

8. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Guest

I havent noticed a decrease in accuracy since doing so. It's still good.
    to each his own. It's not moved back just for looks on mine.

9. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

here is my ati 995 with sights moved and a barrel shroud. looks nice and shoots the same with the sight in either place [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Fenix

Fenix Guest

what kind of shroud is that and where can I get one? i was tempted by the moerse leeker one but I didnt want to lose the front sight.

11. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

you can get the shroud from me! i make them. i have a thread in the "for sale zone". they are $15, which includes shipping. you can pm me with your address if you want one.

12. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I am going back to factory sights for my 995, and when I get that shroud in the mail, my factory front sight is going right where that one is in the picture. I like that look.

13. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I'll remember that when I get my 995, thanks :)

14. browwiw

That is pretty. I don't suppose the compensator would work with it (I do love me some compensator)?

15. thekrnel

thekrnel Guest

you might be able to cut the shroud to the leangth between the comp and sight. so it would go: front sight slid up to the stock, then barrel shroud cut to (my guess) 3", then the comp on the very tip of the barrel.

16. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Thats a bit too busy, IMO...I like your shround, krnl...looks like a silencer! :D

17. browwiw

Just as a follow up, I moved the front sight back against the stock, today. Took it to the range and sighted it in no problem.

Good times.