Poor Mans Hands Free Flashlight

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by z71silverado98, Nov 5, 2007.

1. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Spent the entire weekend (18hrs) working on my engine and i came up w/ a great way to provide light after we lost power at midnight and i had RTV down requiring my manifold be put together within 30mins. Would work great for oil changes etc when the hanging shop light just doesnt cut it, as well as other places.

1 baseball cap + 1(or2) small LED Light(s) w/ a belt clip = hands free light.
    [​IMG]

Ill post a pic, but its pretty easy to imagine. I had enough lights for me to have 2 on my brim and 1 on my girlfriends hat.

Just tighten the hat a little to account for the extra weight (i use energizer lithiums so battery weight is minimal)

I wish i would have thought of it years before because its extremely handy and free.

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Did you get your car put back together?

Post pics please, I'd really like to see that.

3. z71silverado98

Ahem! Its a truck, thank you. 8)
    ya i did get it back together. Upper & Lower Intake Gaskets, and Header Gaskets.

Shop quoted $1000 labor $250 parts.
    my final cost was 18hrs of my time, $100 parts & $50 to have my timing adjusted.

saved $1100 too bad the gun show got canceled

did i just hijack my own thread?

4. PrimalSeal

Yeah, I think you did Z71, but as you are the OP, you're entitled to do that! :lol:

5. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I thougt poor amns hands free meant to stick the dang thin between your teeth.

I mean you getin all technical and Crafty with a belt clip and a ball hat.

bohnified McGyver,.

6. z71silverado98

not exactly a clean flashlight i was using. try holding a flashlight between your teeth after its covered w/ engine grime and carb cleaner and RTV. that stuff is all hell on the hands i cant imagine puttin that on my teeth.

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

savor the flavor my man. :lol:

8. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Good lube for the digestive tract. :lol:

9. z71silverado98

10. PrimalSeal

Ingenious!!!! Thanks for the pics. Now I just gotta find me some flashlights with belt clips on them.

11. theonlychuck

theonlychuck Well-Known Member

12. z71silverado98

yea i tried it w/ em on top, but it seemed like if you had em on the bottom and set the flashlights just outside your eyes the light was just perfect