Preferred Ammo For 40 & 995

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by PistolPat, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Can you please tell me what ammo works best for the Hi-Point 40 S&W and the 995?.

2. 40 S&W and 9mm?

:D :D

Seirously, my 995 always eats whatever I feed it which is usually cheap reloads or blazer cheap stuff.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

The cheapest stuff I can find

4. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

whatever i have.. usually bulk WWB..

5. What ever you can but the most of. Havent found anything my 995 hasnt liked yet.

6. nicadflyer

nicadflyer Well-Known Member

The only brand I have used that my 995 did not like was the Remington hollow point that I bought from Wally World.
    Both the 995 and 4095 love my reloads.

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

the only ammo my 995 wouldnt eat well was my own personal handloads using red dot powder. Just too fast a burn rate for a 16" carbine barrel.

SW

8. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

Anything. I shoot WWB, but Monarch is less dirty. CCI Blazer Brass is good and cheap. Also shoot the UMC Remington (Mega-Pack 250 round box for $35)

9. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

I've said before, if I could shove a piece of celery in there, it would come flying out the other end when I pulled the trigger. I've been very fortunate. Find what works using the names above, and let 'er rip.

10. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

I have not found anything that would not shoot in either carbine.

11. Jokey

Jokey Guest

9 and 45

Both work great with any ammo that I can purchase or make. I load a lot of lead in both and they eat them just fine.

The autoloading systems in my three hipoints work fine with very minimal amounts of power yet still work fine on full power loads.
    Your Jokey

12. condition1

condition1 Member

Remington UMC mega pack

Walmart in AR about $55/250 rounds. Never a problem with this or WWB

13. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I prefer Winchester in the white box...typically the best boom for the buck...

14. Thanks to all who responded. :D Hopefully I will finally get to fire my 995 tomorrow. Every day I am off from work, it has been pouring rain. :cry:
    I went to a gun store today and am heartbroken because I saw a 995 for $189.00 and I paid $220 for mine at a gun show, not including the tax and 3% charge to use my atm card. It was my first, and probably last, gun show because I was not impressed at all.

15. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    Winchester White box for both my 9mm and 40 S&W have worked great for me. Have never has a FTF.

16. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

If you have read any of my posts, you know I have some FTF's in my carbine. So I have experimented with every type of ammo i get my hands on. All have the same result. While I like WWB, it's the dirtiest, and has the most amount of smoke. There is HUGE difference clearing the air after a mag full of WWB vs. Cheapo Monarch or Blazer Brass.