Question for you guys about a 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by andrew241, Oct 31, 2007.

1. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Curious guys, I have a chance to get a hold of a Springfield 1911, basically like this on at the link.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/springfield/PW9609L.asp

The pistol has neve rbeen fired and come with 2 mags, 2 boxes of ammo and a set of reloading dies.

What would you offer for it? The thing looks brand new.

2. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

It's entry level and even if not fired then it's still pre-owned.
    The ammo and dies are nothing, probably inexpensive ammo and dies so not worth alot.
    About $450 brand new in box, I'd offer $350.

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

+1
    It is used. Doesnt matter if he put one round or 1000 down the pipe..its used.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Not a bad price if it is pretty! I have had a chance to shoot more then a few rounds though that model of gun.... (My best friend carries that model) it has been great! it shoots very straight. It is easy to shoot very good groups with this gun. I just saw this gun for $520 (new) and they can't keep them in stock

I jump jump on it...

5. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

If it's in pristine condition, I'd offer $400 for it as a Springfield is a helluva 1911. I own one and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's my first responce home defence at night and always in the car during the day. As for the dies value, it's hard to say. The ammo is probably reloads since it's coming with dies. Lees Carbide dies (love them) go for $25 for a set (new) and the ammo, if depends on how many per box, but if 50 rounds per box, i'd value them at 20-30 bucks for both boxes. Total offer I'd go a little low at 400 and see what he's willing to do with it. He may be itchin to get another gun and willing to off it just to prevent losing out on another great deal. It's important when going a little low to tell them that it's what you can afford, not what you think his piece is worth as often people with an ego will take offense and you can kiss a deal good bye. If you tell him it's all you can really free up, he's less likely to haggle and say "well I need atleast 425 to pick up another gun i'm looking at" and you can let out the sigh and say lemme go get the cash.

6. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Thanks fellas, I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully I will have a 1911 in hand come Friday evening.

7. Sorry, I don't go for the "What'll you give me?" type deal. I'd offer $1.00. The seller is the one selling it, the seller can set the price. I'll let them know if I think it's too high.

8. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    well I went today and looked at it and it is basically brand new. 1 box of hydrashocks and 1 box of FMJ winchesters and a set of LEE carbide dies.

I will give 10 points to the person who guesses the price. I pick her up tomorrow hopefully right after work and will try to get pics.

9. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    If you scored it for less than $300, you get to be my hero for the rest of the week. :D

10. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

$300.00 out the door.

11. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    the whole package was 300, without the dies and ammo I could have gotten the gun for 275 lol. I figured the ammo and dies were worth 25 bucks.

So I am splitting he points between Primal and Huggy lol. You know what I am in a generous mood so 10 a piece. Spend em how you like trade em give em away just don't ask me what to do with them lol :lol:

12. PrimalSeal

Yeah and you still suck for getting a 1911 for that kind of money! I'll give you $315.00 for it right now!!!! :wink: :wink:

13. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    LMAO, well its good luck I guess. I was in the right place at the right time. I have wanted one of these for a long time. I had one for a brief moment but had to let er go. Now I have one to stay. Hmmm now I need to see what I want to customize it with.

14. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Raise you$5 - $320 :twisted:

15. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Hey, how about some pictures !?!?!?!?!?! :D

16. That's a great deal. Good job.

17. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Hey Primal, wanna buy some points? :lol:

18. PrimalSeal

19. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I pick her up tomorrow and will see what I can do on the pics. I am excited to finally have one.

20. Ari

Ari Guest

Can't wait to see it