Range Photos and the 995

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mjpatrick, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

I enjoyed the old post of seeing others ranges and I know others like the photos so here is a sort of revival.
    The range:
    archery targets and trap house
    [​IMG]
    the shelter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the clubhouse
    [​IMG]
    the restroom
    [​IMG]
    50yd and 100 yd bunker
    [​IMG]
    from the shelter
    [​IMG]
    from the 995 BSA 30mm red dot to the 50yd target
    [​IMG]
    the 995
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a few rounds of ammo, shooting CCI Blazer Brass 9mm this day
    [​IMG]
    the targets
    [​IMG]
    the 995 target approximately 40 rounds this day, the red dot at 50 yds completely covered this target all fairly rapid fire 3 shot bursts and rapid succesion, hard to control myself
    [​IMG]
    the 995's friends that joined him that day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hope you enjoyed as I enjoyed. happy shooting.

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

With pictures like that, I REALLY miss the Northwest!!! That pic of the bathroom cracked me up!!! I spit coffee on the keyboard!!!!

Dude, that looked like you had the time of your life. Full Autumn weather, with guns on the range and lots of ammo! I love it!

3. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

+1 - I savored every pic! Great job.

4. Darnit, I wish my range looked like that :shock:

5. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I will have to try to get pics of the range I go to. Looks like you had some fun.

6. unclerob

unclerob Member

[​IMG]
    For an idea of scale:

Visitors to the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club range cannot help but see the PHOENIX sign on the mountain.

Designed as an air marker, the sign is visible to fliers from over 35 miles away. The sign dates back to 1956, and was constructed by members of the Boy Scouts of America Air Explorer Squadron 13. The job took the boys five years of working weekends to complete. They used picks, shovels, crowbars, and dynamite to cut a bed for the 100 foot high crushed stone letters. The letter "I" in 'Phoenix' is 12 feet wide, alone.

7. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Dynamite?????? Man, I was in the WRONG TROUP!!!

8. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

that is really awesome unclerob. thanks for the picture and information, really cool. :)

9. shadowlands

shadowlands Well-Known Member

My range is great, but it's huge and always crowded. Sometimes you have to wait for people to leave to free up a spot...

10. Too many people for me, I guess my little range does have some good points :)

11. Just for S&G, here's a picture of the last 'gun range' I went firing at.

[​IMG]

8)

12. I would love to shoot at a place like that.

13. Unfortunately, there's only limited space available.
    Only about 9/10 of Nevada is public land... :lol:

So, get yours while you can!

14. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I should make this topic a sticky just so I can see the pictures of the trees and leaves and stuff..... Makes me homesick....

NDS, I can't wait to shoot with you bro! 2 days and counting and I'll be in Vegas!!! Can't Wait!

15. shadowlands

shadowlands Well-Known Member

16. mjpatrick you are one lucky fellow, I took my old range for granite until I moved, never again. I didn't realize what a wonderful place it was until I lost it. The deer clubs here have most of the land leased up, a shooting range now involves a real long drive. [100mi. rd. trip] + a $200 membership fee. Then you can only shoot on different days because of the different catagories of firearms, can't mix guns up, a real pita. just keeping up with it all. I think more public ranges are going this way. So, its not worth it to me. Now I shoot where I can, when I can, with what I brought.