Red/Green Dot Sight - Must I remove front sight on 995?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Grizzfan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Grizzfan

Grizzfan Well-Known Member

I got the replacement A1Optic 42mm R/G sight on Friday and must say it's a very nice piece of equipment. (Search ebay for A1Optic Scope Sight).

QUESTIONS. I haven't mounted it yet, but it looks like I might have to remove the front sight from the 995. Is that true? And, if so, is there anything to look out for?

For some reason I still can't view pictures posted by members so if you posted one of the lash-up I apologize.

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Mount it up and look at see if you have to remove it. I think you will have to. Just remove the loop with the sight not the whole mount. Very easy to do

3. All I did was to remove the loop.
    Spot

4. I removed the front sight from mine too when I mounted the red/green dot. I left the base in place since it holds down the front of the barrel shroud. I'd never used a green dot before; I'm curious, what do you think of it?

5. tju1973

tju1973 Well-Known Member

6. You can remove the top part of the sight, but the bottom part will show in the red/green dot scope.

Simply loosen the 2 set screws for the bottom part of the sight, remove it, point it down, reverse it and with about 10 seconds of filing it will go back on and still hold the heat shield on and be totally out of the way.

7. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I also only removed the top part...was broken anyways...

[​IMG]