Reloading kit.

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by robertgreen_86, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hi all
    I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good, affordable, entry level reload kit. I am interested in reloading my own 9mm rounds. (the wife and i both go through about 150-200rnds each every week. I have never done it before but a freind at the range told us we should look into it. Also if anyone has any reloading stuff they would be willing to sell or swap please let me know Thanks -Bob

2. rzrbax

rzrbax Member

Lee anniversary kit is great

I have the Lee anniversary kit, and it is easy to use, and actually fun. I have loaded both 40 S&W and one other caliber. They make great stuff........rzrbax

3. Ari

Ari Guest

4. Thanks that seems like a good start. Do you know of any stores that carry that set or is it an internet only thing (I never really bought anything online)

5. Ari

Ari Guest

buying online from midway is very easy! that is where I got mine

6. Ari

Ari Guest

$79.99 with book from Midway

7. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I just got all of my reloading equipment back from the gun shop all updated and ready to go, I just need someone to show me how to set it up and get started reloading... Any volunteers?

8. Ari

Ari Guest

I forgot what all you got in gear.. But ask anything you want I will help how ever I can.

9. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I got you back Primal... just send me that plane ticket, and tell me what kind of stuff you have so I can read up on it on the way. :wink:

10. PrimalSeal

Once I get the software for my wife's new digital camera installed on the computer, I'll take some pics and post for everyone to chime in on. I just don't have time today and I am effin tired. I will probably get that done tomorrow.

Huggy, I would do it and you know it. Right now, I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention. Monday is the wife's birthday.... damn, I feel like I just got divorced... No other time will a female clean you out so completely.

11. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

I just bought a Lee Deluxe Turret Press Kit to get started with reloading again. Been about 15 years since i did any reloading so I am a bit rusty myself, but you would be amazed at how much info the brain stores away and you thought it had been forgotten...LOL.

My mom sent me some stuff for my B-day and one item was a Lee Hand Press, man I love that thing and will probably do more de-priming, case sizing and load development with it than I will the Turret Press. Right now I am set up to load .44 Special, but in another week or two I will be getting a set of 9mm dies (from a member on the forum) and after that will work on .380, 7.62x39, 9x18Mak and perhaps pick up another .22 Hornet rifle and 995 Carbine.

Reloading is a fun hobby, but you have to follow ALL the safety precautions and load data to the letter, otherwise you may be coming home with one less gun, minus a few body parts or worse! One piece of advice I have for any new reloaders is to set up your equipment in a place where you can work without being disturbed. Reloading is NOT something you can do while multi tasking, if your gonna reload then reload, if you have other things to keep an eye on (kids, tv show etc etc) then STOP reloading.

rimfirehunter

12. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Primal, it's obvious that you're still a newlywed and on your first marriage.

13. Why in the world would you even bother with 7.62x39. You can buy cases of 7.62x39 for a lot less than reloading.

Brass for it is very expensive and finding the .311 bullets can be a pain too for cheap.

A SKS or Ak47 is not a hunting rifle and using hunting ammo (reloads) is just kind of silly.

I know you have mentioned some odd thing about only using brass in Yugo chambers but I have yet to see any postings on any of my Ak47 boards that I go talk about that. I'm a member of 5 different AK47 boards and they all use cheap steel cased ammo for their guns and a lot of them shoot a LOT!

You have been the only one whom I ever heard mention the whole brass case requirement for Yugo chambers.

Both my Yugo SKS and Ak47's fire off steel cased ammo all day long without so much as a FTE or FTF.

14. PrimalSeal

First marriage, yes. Newlywed, no. We've been together for 5 years and married for 4. It's just that she's spending my money and isn't touching her money, so it's alright to break the bank. When my birthday comes around I can guarantee you that I will be doing the samn thing, except I'll be buying guns and she won't like that.