Ruger Mini 14

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by rockcrawlerdude916, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Lets see some pics of your mini 14's
    [​IMG]
    my second mini 14
    [​IMG]

2. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

I wish I had one to post pictures of. :(

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I remember those they used in the "A Team"

4. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I really like the looks of the 2nd one... sexy... :D

5. I love them they are great rifles.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Nice looking

7. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I'd like to play with a Mini-14. My dad had one when I was a kid, and it was a jam-o-matic. He ended up trading it for some 7.62x39 ammo. I never got to shoot it...

8. Wierd I cant remember mine ever jaming up on me I find it to be a great rifle but maby thats just me ? who knows. Im a stickler about keeping my guns clean i clean them every night after I have been out shooting its what my daddy tought me and he has a collection that makes mine look like childs play.

9. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Don't have one myself... But Gander Mountain in Forest Lake, MN got a shipment of surplus Mini-30s not too long ago. They are old police rifles (Indiana State Patrol I think from the tags), flash hiders, recoil pads, M-16 style sights, etc on fixed wood stocks for $729. They had one SWEET folding stock, which of course is $999. I want one so bad, but I won't buy Ruger (10-rnd mag BS).

10. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I wasn't saying they were all like that. Like I said, my dad's was that way, but I never got to shoot it. I've heard a lot of good things from other people, and I really love my Ruger 10/22. I'm guessing he just got a bad apple...

11. Savage1

Savage1 Guest

[​IMG]

Edited by PrimalSeal so the Picture would show.

12. 98pointsix

98pointsix Well-Known Member

I had problems with mine feeding from aftermarket hicap mags. But I have had alot of luck with the promag 20rnd poly ones (yeah I was suprised too) since then mine has been a real work horse. Ill get some pics posted as soon as my camera comes back from my sisters vaction

13. JiffyLube

JiffyLube Member

Texas
    Just curious, what are you aiming at?

14. Ari

Ari Guest

Now there is an old post.

15. condition1

condition1 Member

I've never had a 30 rounder be fully functional. I stick with 20's, too.

16. vanguard

vanguard Well-Known Member

now i know what to tell my wife i want for christmas.

17. HouLlama

HouLlama Well-Known Member

Here's a shot of my Mini Ranch...
    [​IMG]

I've got some 20's, 30's anf 40's, and of all of them, only 1 of the 40's tends to mis-feed. The rest are perfect after some lip adjustments.

18. autosurgeon

autosurgeon Well-Known Member

Wow nice furniture!!!

19. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

the only 30 rounders i ever had work well were eagle poly mags. they fed and functioned 100% after 1 or 2 break in fills. other than that most everything was junk.

SW

20. HouLlama

HouLlama Well-Known Member

Thanks, autosurgeon. Thats the way I found it in a pawnshop. The stock was what made the sale.

SW, my 3 30's are Madsen's If I remember correctly. All steel. Did take some lip tweaks to get'm right. Wish it would take my AR mags, that would be sweet.