Seeing if anyone can help

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mrboom, Nov 24, 2007.

1. mrboom

mrboom Guest

I have and love my Hi Point 45.. Ive taken it to the range about 4 times now and every single round has came out with zero issues while the higher priced ones next to me all the time jam..

Well my main ? is this:

I have a Dual Barrel 12 Gauge Shotgun that my mother gave me that belonged to her dad before he passed away when she was only 16.. The shotgun has to be pushing at least 40yrs old now..

On one Barrel it says Davidson Firearms Co. Greensboro N.C.
    While on the other it says Made in Spain Nitro Proof

Serial # is LI23248..

Thanks for any help

2. HPHooked

HPHooked Well-Known Member

I would take that shotgun to a gunsmith for a check out. While it may only be 40 years old, it could be a lot older. Not sure if the barrels of the guns they imported from Spain and other countries were of standard ordinance steel or the older Damascus steel. Either way, a good once over by a qualified gunsmith will tell you if it's shootable or not. They may also be able to give you an estimated value for it. :)

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Davidson Firearms Did not make firearms they Imported them. Good luck on this one O'le Boy.

I think you got your self a good Detective style job ahead on this one.

4. mrboom

mrboom Guest

Yeah I kinda figured that, I was able to google one link and found that Davidson did not actually make the gun.. Its actually in great condition since its been basically in a gun rack for 40 years.. My Ex Uncle shot it a few times about 15yrs ago.. Since then its been in my gun case.

Its a rather beautiful gun with nice carving in the metal.

5. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

gunny says post a pic.

6. mrboom

mrboom Guest

Yes Massa..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

looks real good there mrbroom

8. mrboom

mrboom Guest

yes it is a beautiful gun.. Might need a little cleaning * Stupid Macro setting on the camera showed everything *.. haha..

Not really looking for a value but more or less the history.

9. Spain?

Might of been made by Eibar?

10. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Very nice lookin' piece there - great pics too.

Where's MR. M when we need him? This looks like a great Moogle opportunity.

11. That looks a lot like a Spanish made 20 ga. shotgun I had that I got from Sears/Roebuck about 30 years ago. The Sears gun was made by AYA of Spain, who were noted for making high quality shotguns. The ones Sears sold were high quality. They locked up like a bank vault. If I remember correctly I paid $229.00 for it, quite a price in those days but still a lot less expensive than most side by side doubles.. I like an idiot, (1) had the stock cut down to make it fit my ex wife better, then (2) traded it off.

Now I have no idea who made your gun, but AYA did make a lot of "branded" guns back then. (My gun was marked "Sears by AYA.)

I'd have a gunsmith check it out. From the pictures it doesn't appear to be "twist steel" barrels, but pictures can fool you.

Nice looking gun. The wood to metal fit looks excellent, and all the screws I can see, align the same way. (Something I like to see in doubles.)

12. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

I was able to find this.

Davidson Firearms Company Importers of shotguns made by Fabrica de Armas in Spain; located in Greensboro, North Carolina.

13. mrboom

mrboom Guest

Remember where you might have found that info? When I googled "Fabrica de Armas" I got nada.. Then again I dont speak Spanish so It might of told me everything I wanted to know.. haha

14. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

15. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    thats a nice piece there. I got a thing for side by sides.

16. mrboom

mrboom Guest