Shot a Box Through the 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Grizzfan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Grizzfan

Grizzfan Well-Known Member

Couple of us went out behind his house on the Yellowstone River with two 16oz beer cans, put 'em up on a cord of firewood and blasted away. Loads of fun to fire this little gem. No jams or anything near it. Was using some $5.99 a box ammo made in the Czech Republic that I bought from Center Fire Systems.

OEM iron sights were dead on at about 25 yards; but with only one magazine still, my thumb was getting sore!! Up Lula is still in the mail from Israel.

One question: Isn't the bolt & operating handle supposed to remain back on the last round fired? Seems it should, but can't even retract it back into a locked-back position.

2. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

Not on current production, but i think last round hold-open is in the works.

3. The 4095 carbines have the last round hold open but not the current 995 carbines, they are planning on making the future 995 carbines have the feature but from what I read, it will not be a feature that will be able to be retrofitted on current 995 carbines

4. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Wouldnt it just be replacing the reciever/trigger assembly?

Oh well, good enough reason to buy another when they do it :)

5. Ridge I guess there is more to it for them to say it cant be done to the current models without a lot of work.

It would be nice if they could come up with something where for a fee they would upgrade your carbine to the new set up

6. Grizzfan

Thanks for answering my question.

BUT, how does one keep the bolt back to run a cleaning rod or bore snake through it? Hmmm.

7. Pull the bolt back and push the bolt hold open sleeve on the bolt into the slot that is there for it and it will stay open until you pull the sleeve out of the slot at which time the bolt will go forward.

8. Grizzfan

:oops: Thanks! After reading your post and the owner's manual I discovered that I had not assembled the roller (21) to the operating handle (20). Now it works pretty good! :oops:

9. Pud

Pud Guest