Should I buy XD9 Sub Or 4" OR Ruger SR9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Sakdog, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

GRRR decisions decisions

Well Ive decided to take a plunge into the "dark side" and buy a Non Hi point 9mm
    My early candidates were:
    Glock 17
    Springfield Xd
    Baby eagle
    and Ruger SR9

Ive got several options that are present right now and I think Im going to get an XD but the SR9 looks good as well..
    Ive got to roll on a decision ASAP on either
    -A used Springfield XD9 Subcompact with one 16rnd and 1 10 round mag with XD "gear" in Excellent condition for $375 FTF

- Used Springfield XD 4" 2 tone green frame and 3 16 rounders and 2 10 rounders for a total of $400 with shipping and Transfer fees

-New Springfield XD 4" ... in my area costs about $500 out the door

-Possibly Ruger SR9 (Local dealer has a few I forget the price but it was in the $400-$450 range before tax)

What would you do?

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Get the used one with the 3 16 round and 2 10 round mags... For $400.00 shipped with transfer fees, you can't beat a gun that already has 5 magazines for no extra charge.

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

+1

Springfield has a lifetime warranty, even if its used. Cant go wrong.

4. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

+1

Love that gun.

5. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Well-Known Member

I would wait a year before buying a Ruger SR9 so they have a chance to work out the bugs. Out of the other choices I would go with a Jericho 941 "Baby Eagle".

6. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    +1 to Primal, I've seen XD mag priced at $35 a pop a few times... it's a great gun too.

7. If you are going to carry it for work you cant beat the XD with the gear. Its one of the guns I carry for work and that price is a steal I bought mine from the pawn shop with the gear for $400 I like the gear my self so go with that one why would u need to have so many mags?

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

There is no such thing as too many mags. Thats like a girl too pretty, or a car too fast. Its just not possible.

I have 6mags total now; 4-10round and 2-16round, and I plan on getting more 16 round mags soon. I have a feeling after the '08 election they may become illegal...

9. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Yeah im seriously thinking of going with the aforementioned 4" model with the gear and mags.. From what I figure the mags cost roughly 19.99 a piece at the least for the 16 rounders...so im all over it Ill prob get that particular one

Maverick mentioned thinking that maybe these hi cap mags will become illegal after the '08 election...I really feel about the same way...Im going to pick up as many hi caps as I can once I get my ammo collection to where I want it to be. I was even considering buying some mags for guns that I dont have yet, or may not have at all such as Glock mags and whatever else hi caps are cheap AR-15 and the like. On the old forum someone mentioned some cheap glock 32 rounders that were off brand but said to function good by replacing the follower with a Glock follower, I would imagine such magazines being worth their weight in GOLD if another AWB went into effect. I guess anything short of "turn your guns in and we will issue you airsoft replica replacements" those mags will be worth something. I believe wholeheartedly that things are going to get worse before they get better.
    thanks for the good insight so far...

10. Non of the choices are bad. But I'll break from the mold here and vote Ruger. Why? Why not! They are American made, have a great reputation for quality and will stand behind their product. I will be sending my Ruger Mark I in shortly to have the barrel repaired and was told over the phone they can't imagine it costing me anything. My Mark I is a 1969 vintage, lol. The biggest reason I'd choose it? I'm a Ruger FREAK! :lol:

Again none of them will be a bad choice and some have a dang fair price for the goods you get. Have fun and show us what you get.

11. Maverick

Maverick Guest

That was me. I didnt know if they were any good or not, but it looked liked a good deal so I posted it. GlockMan is the one who said they were OK for range stuff and talked about replacing the follower.

I still have that Centerfire Systems catalog let me see if I can re-create it for you...

GLOCK 9MM MAG
    *9mm *33rd
    *New
    *17/19/26/34
    *Drop Free
    *Full Metal Lined

ONLY $12.99
    #107MAGGLO9

800-950-1231
    www.centerfiresystems.com

12. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Thanks for all the good insight so far And thank you for posting that info on the 33 rounders... I will probably use that
    Does anyone else stock up on magazines (Maybe even Hi cap mags to guns they dont even own) As an investment? or possibly other Items that will likely be on any future bans?
    I definitely plan on stocking up more mags for the guns I do have... but just wondering if there are any other people out there doing such a thing?

13. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I don't own mags to guns I dont own. I do have at least 6 mags per gun, some a little more.

As far as stocking up for an investment. I don't know if you could get in trouble for selling "illegal" hi-cap mags if another ban goes into effect. So be careful there. Maybe GlockMan can answer this one...

14. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Thanks for all the good insight so far And thank you for posting that info on the 33 rounders... I will probably use that
    Does anyone else stock up on magazines (Maybe even Hi cap mags to guns they dont even own) As an investment? or possibly other Items that will likely be on any future bans?
    I definitely plan on stocking up more mags for the guns I do have... but just wondering if there are any other people out there doing such a thing?