sight colors

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 1motion, Nov 19, 2007.

1. 1motion

1motion Guest

I finally got tired of that yellow front sight on my JHP .45 and hit up the nail polish section with my girl friend and picked out this wetnwild wild shine that is in the pictures. it is really bright and works great. i would suggest it to anyone that still has the yellow front sight.

but now that the front sight is taken care of i was wondering what i should do with the rear sight. im not a fan of the red dots and was thinking of either painting them or blacking them out and drilling an indent for a two dot combat set up like the heine straight eight sights.

has anyone changed their sights or have any suggestions? just trying to get some ideas before i do anything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

3. 1motion

1motion Guest

thats a nice big front sight.... what did it take you to get that to work?

4. 1motion

1motion Guest

rear sight

so i went ahead and got rid of the red dots and painted them with the same white i used for the front.... the result is amazing, the sights are easy and fast to pick up even in the dark. after seeing the difference i would say if you still have the plain red dot rear sights you need to paint them ASAP.

[​IMG]

5. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Neon green or yellow might be your best choice as green is the easiest color for the human eye to pick up on.

6. 1motion

1motion Guest

which is why night vision is in green..... i like white sights as they are easy to pick out against all types of back grounds.