Some oak grips that I made for my Florida firearms .25

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by panoz77, Oct 20, 2007.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I made these new grips out of left over oak floor molding that I had laying around. Took me about 3 hours total including stain and poly. I think they came out pretty good. I have almost no wood working equipment other than a bench grinder, dremmel and detail sander, so that is what I used to make them and got new screws from a local hardware store for $0.13 each, cost me a total of $0.26, they feel really nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. If I send you my hi points will you do the same for them for me? :wink:

Nice looking grips!

3. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

That looks very nice.

4. Excellent job, and for 26 cents, that project can't be beat!

This looks like the same pistol as my AG model 503, from 1955, except the the inscription and the slightly different knurling on the mag release. What year was yours made, and what does the inscription say? Mine reads, on the left side, "Armi Galesi - Brescia - Brevetto Cal 6.35", and on the right, "Made in Italy" and the year of manufacture.

These are very handsome little guns, and I'm hoping to find a .22 specimen one of these days.

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

:D

I was really thinking about making some for my Ruger P94, I think the Hi Point would be hard to make.

6. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Nice looking grips, add in the fact you made them yourself is even cooler.

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Thanks, they not only look 1000 times better but feel much better than the plastic ones.

8. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

9. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

Can't be nearly as hard as a pair for the CZ-52. I started to make a pair of those and pretty much gave up as the tolerances for fitting into the frame is a mess.

Good job on the grips, btw. I've made grips for my Star Modelo B, Herter's .44 Mag, and a Colt 1911 so far. It's a lot of fun and feel all of them feel a heck of a lot better than the original plastic grips.

Tom