Stock options other than ATI

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by sonrider657, Oct 19, 2007.

1. sonrider657

sonrider657 Member

Are there any other stocks on the market for Hi-Point Carbines (9 mm or .40) other than the ATI fake-Beretta stock?

Has anyone modified the OEM stock to improve it? Pics?

2. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Nope, we are kinda like the Chevy Cavalier of the gun world...limited aftermarket support and underestimated by fanboys of bigger brands...

3. They do NOT make a ATI stock for the 4095, just the 995.

Look around the forum and you will see all sorts of changes people make to their carbines to personalize them.

Other than that, you are on your own, sorry.

4. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Well, to adapt the ATI stock, would it just require filing out the insides, or is there more work?

5. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Wood, drill, File set, Ducked tape, alittle bondo and some patince.

6. If you are talking about adapting the ATI to the 4095, there must be more work than that, because I have not heard of anyone doing it yet.

7. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Well it seems to me like the only differences would be a wider barrel and action...

8. The mag is bigger on the 4095 and there is the last round bolt hold open to deal with also. I think the slide is quite a bit bigger.

Like Thayldt said, with some JB weld and duct tape most anything is possible, but there will have to be the first pioneer to sit down and get it done :)

9. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Anybody know why ATI never made a stock for the .40 Is there just not as many of those sold compared to the 995?

10. jason865

jason865 Guest

ATI has stated that they have no plans to make a stock for the 4095 because sales of the 995 stock have been less than expected.

11. I'm actually really surprised no one has carved a dragunov-style wooden stock for the 995 yet. Easy for me to say knowing my lack of proficiency with making anything of wood... or any other medium for that matter. In theory it'd be sort of a little sister to the AK.

-'bridge

12. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Dude Bridge, stop giving me ideas! :lol:

13. An AK style thumbhole stock wouild look really sweet, of course I am a fan of the thumbhole stock :wink:

14. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I'd like to try a wooden stock for the 995, but I'm really limited on tools right now. I'm in the planning stages to make an attempt at a sporterized, CA legal type stock mod, but I need to get my hands on a few factory stocks.

15. Milehile

Milehile Guest

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-09-14

There you go boys. Wrap your eyes around that! photoshop for the win

16. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    That would be an easy way to do it, if you just kinda fit some wood around the existing stock... custom look, and easier than custom fitting the whole thing, but I do really like the Dragunov stock idea.

17. Ari

Ari Guest

Very nice.. I would love to see that....

I posted this in the gallery but it works here too

[​IMG]