SureStrike Laser Ammo

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by disillusioned, Sep 12, 2017.

1. disillusioned

disillusioned Supporting Member

I have never been able to shoot with both eyes wide open. I always squint my left eye. I have tried both eyes wide open and always gave up because the sights or target would switch back and forth or side to side. Today I have been working with a laser cartridge by Laser Ammo called SureStrike in my LCP. Using it a few minutes at a time several times today, I can now "shoot" a 1" doorknob 15' away consistently with both eyes open.
    Earlier, I was getting a headache, so I did it in shorter sessions and it is working. I really like this thing, and REALLY like keeping both eyes open, not squinting, and for some reason, feel more relaxed with both eyes open.

rowiebowie and Cynical like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

So do you use it with a training app?

3. disillusioned

Not th

Not this one. It comes with 3 targets that are bright white and reflect the laser really well. They sell some interactive targets that light up, light up in patterns, etc, but they are kind of expensive. $225 for 3 targets, I think. This one was under $100 for the laser and plastic card targets, but I think it was well worth it for me. I can see where the laser hits and work on controlling that tiny pistol.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

There are one or more training apps for free available for smart phones, tablets , etc. You may want to check them out. Also there is a laser target for about $20 available off of amazon. I got some laserlyte targets like cans and stuff from the contest I won.

disillusioned likes this.
  5. disillusioned

Thanks! I'll check out some phone apps.

6. Cynical

Cynical Well-Known Member

Are you cross eye dominant? I am so I have to shut my left eye to shoot or I get the same issue with focus switching between eyes.

7. disillusioned

No, but I don't think the right eye is very dominant, lol. The ways that they say to check for eye dominance, my right eye is dominant and I shoot right handed.
    Sometimes it seems like the left eye is fighting for dominance tho.

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Please post links or otherwise specify which products you are referring to. I'm curious.

Also, have I pestered you about doing a product review of the laserlyte stuff for the ARTICLES section?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

How about writing a product review for the ARTICLES section? Adds a year to your Membership.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    How about @Dane writes an article on the art of the find how to find the deal of the day.

lklawson and Cynical like this.
  12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Because 'Google it' is against the rules.

moona11 likes this.
  13. disillusioned

14. disillusioned

The Cheapshot laser target got here today.
    Turns out the place that makes it is in Festus, MO, about 20 miles away.
    It's pretty cool. You have to hit the white dot in the center to get the target to light.
    For $30, it's a really good buy if it holds up.
    Thanks Dane, for leading me to the product!

Dane likes this.