the bet, part 2

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Krippp, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

well the results are in: 300rounds through the c9, no glitches whatsoever
    197 rounds through the glock and she failed on 198

the result of the bet is that i now have a brand new tasco sight for my son's new mossberg .22, i would have lost 10 ammo cans(military .50 cal.)

2. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

LOL! Good Deal! But it's good you had confidence in your weapon cause 10 cans for a tasco sight isnt an even bet, atleast to me!

3. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

good going. what kind of ammo was being fed to each gun?

4. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

5. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That and you probably sold your friend on the quality and reliability of the Hi-Point firearms. Way to go Krippp! That's great stuff! Let us know when he goes out and buys a Hi-Point.

6. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Good show old boy!

7. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Another victory over the dark side! Well done my friend.

8. what happened to the gun to gun bet? You should be owning a Glock right about now :wink:

9. Who wants a jam machine? ;)

Stick with the glitch free C9!

10. billybybose

billybybose Guest

We're takin over the gun world one convert at a time.Way to go Kripp!

12. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

LOL I'd love to see this posted over at GlockTalk. :)

Good job Krippp. :)

13. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Why bother? We all know the truth.

14. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Might look something like this:

Gunsnob1
    4596835 posts
    The only reason that piece of junk didn't jam was because it was busy blowing up in the guys hand and hitting my cousins roomates sisters ex-boyfriend in the head with the slide 200 yds behind him."

OnlyGLOCKs
    92764 posts
    Well, I bet it won't work after you shoot the slide

ImaTool
    48392 posts
    Eww lowpoints are import garbage.

Prysisvrythng
    73492 posts
    ImaTool wrote: "Eww lowpoints are import garbage."
    +1 ImaTool, I like what you did saying lowpoints, you're hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm going to use that next time I see one of those boat anchors. I doubt it actually functioned at all since my uncles friends college buddys kids neighbors friends dog wasn't there to see it blow up.

SuperKimber
    59632 posts
    Buy a kimber because they're awesome.

ImaTool
    48392 posts
    Blah blah blah torture test blah blah cheap boat anchor blah blah.

15. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    nice huggy. And good job on the match, glad to see you prob have another one pulled over to our side.

16. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

I have to see a movie and a sworn deposition before believing a Clean and Properly Lubed Glock pistol jamming after 198rds! The owner must have limp wristed the pistol it or the Glock was very, very, very dirty. What type of failure did the Glock have?

17. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

GM, did you see this? http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=310567

18. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

Am I to assume from this contest that the high dollar stuff fails too? I keep seeing posts that say you must run at least a thousand rounds through flawlessly before relying on a weapon for defense. Does this mean that only two out of 16 of them are worth having? I'm only half joking here. My C9 has gone bang every time so far but if it hadn't been for the price, the only bang I would be making would be my Targa .25 auto. ($25 a few years back). I think I would rather be heading down my dark hallway with C9 that will MORE THAN LIKELY FIRE than with pop gun or no gun at all.

I guess I look at it this way, my C9 MIGHT fail me when I need it most, but so might anything else and $500+ for something else was out of the question.

19. I firmly belive that any wepon can fail at any time. The way i see it is if my wepon does fail then it means one of two things
    A. God is telling me it is my time to go or
    B. Well i guess now i will have to clean off my k-bar :wink: