The new addition to the Family.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by patriot2980, Oct 25, 2007.

1. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Well, last Friday,my wife's best friend called us and said she was adopting a little black pug from a rescue agency and that she had a twin sister that needed a good home. My wife went nuts over this and was trying everything she could to convince me that we needed this little dog.
    My main concern was that we wouldn't be able to devote enough time to her since we both work quite a few hours and since we already have a cat there would be serious complications with another animal. But leave it to my lovely wife to never give up on a good fight. And I'm glad now that she didn't. So as of Saturday morning we now have another member in the Patriot family. And here she is. Say hello to

Monkey May
    [​IMG]

2. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Cute dog :) How do the dog and cat get along? Any issues?

3. You'll be glad you got her. Nothing beats a dog as a pet and I miss having one.

It's been almost a year since Benny died.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Man he has something in common with Frank Sinatra...

[​IMG]

5. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new house critter. We have 5 poms, 1 cat, 1 fish and a lizzard that I cant seem to catch...LOL!

rimfirehunter

6. patriot2980

So far, there hasn't been a problem with the cat and dog. They seems to stay away from one another. Kind of a "You stay on your side, I'll stay on mine" deal.

7. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new addition!

We have two and may lose both soon - one's old, the other may be leaving with my son to his new place. I'm torn between having clean carpets for once in my life, and a new pooch. Not sure where this one will end - at least till I speak with my wife. [ she wants another dog........ oh well ]

8. patriot2980

Trust me, If your wife is anything like mine, you WILL have another dog.
    Plain and simple. :)

9. billybybose

billybybose Guest

:lol: @Ari.Hey Skate clean carpet aint gonna warn ya when the crackhead wants your t.v. :D .Way to go Patriot,dog people rock!(cat people too,but not so much :lol:)I too find myself bowing to the superior wisdom of my wife on occasion :lol: .

10. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

yeah i know.... when were making the transition from baby sitting to letting the kids be home alone for short periods of time, I said on more than one occasion, "Don't worry dear, Amadeus is home too". I'm pretty sure he wouldn't hurt anyone, but few will try large barking maniac dog. So much for clean carpets! :lol:

11. psysage

psysage Guest

I have a 50 lbs mutt that my kids love.
    Carpets what carpets put in Pergo wood floors easier to clean

psysage

12. yes, laminate flooring is the ticket. It doesn't have to be Pergo. I changed all the floors in the house to laminate and what I did was I waited for a sale on Home Depot, Lowe's or anywhere and at that time, bought whatever I could afford (enough for 1 room, 2 rooms, etc) until we got it done. Took about 4 yrs.

If you are sure that you can pay in 6 mos, opening a credit card with Home Depot will usually get you 10% off...and the best part is that the pooches won't scratch them! and Oh! yes! (sorry) cute pooch!