The Ultimate Mag Loader – Admin/Mod Challenge

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Maverick, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

[​IMG]
    The Ultimate Mag Loader
    [​IMG]

I was shown UpLULA Mag Loader at my local gun shop. I could not believe how fast the guy there loaded a 16round XD 9mm mag. I had to try it myself, and while I did not do it as fast has he did, I did load the mag faster and much easier than I have ever done in my life. The rounds literally drop into place. What takes the longest is simply reaching for the next round!

At around $30.00, it does cost a little more than most loaders, but None can compare to its speed or ease of use. I have tried/used many loaders from Adco, H&K, Springfield and others. Try it once, and you will toss your other loaders in the trash! This is a MUST for every shooter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The UpLULA Challenge:
    [​IMG]
    To ensure that everyone knows that I’m neither exaggerating nor crazy; I’m offering the UpLULA Challenge to any Admin/Mod who would like to participate.

I will buy an extra UpLULA Loader at my local shop and ship it to whichever Admin/Mod who would like to try it first. Then after that person has suffeciant time to test it. They will come back here and post their review.

Then that person will ship it to the next Admin/Mod so they can do the same, and so forth and so on until every Admin/Mod who would like to give it a go has had a chance to try it. When the last person has tried it they can either ship it back to me or buy it...

UPDATE:
    With the apparent loss of the first loader with the US Post Office and no way to track it. I would ask that people testing the loader please use UPS or FedEx to ship to the next person. With UPS or FedEx we are able to track the package. I know UPS also insures every box up to $100.00 free of charge.

[​IMG]
    The Reviews - Admin's/Mod's
    [​IMG]
    I will post what page you can find each Admin/Mods reviews when they post it.

PrimalSeal's Review is in!

You can reads Primal's full review posted a little past 1/2 way down on page 3.

[​IMG]
    The Reviews - Forum Members
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:
    You can read Evil Ernie's full review posted a little past 1/2 way down on page 3 right after Primals Review. He will also post a video soon.

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are ;]
    Well, last night I tried out the mag loader and all I can say is WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: [/quote]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:
    You can read Evil Ernie's full review posted a little past 1/2 way down on page 3 right after Primals Review. He will also post a video soon.

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are ;]
    Well, last night I tried out the mag loader and all I can say is WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: [/quote]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are ;]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are ;]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are ;]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evil Ernie's Review:

[​IMG]
    How it Works
    [​IMG]
    Here are some photos I found on the web that shows how easy and fast the UpLULA is.

Step 1:
    Place the UpLULA over the mag.
    [​IMG]

Step 2:

In one motion squeeze in and push down:
    [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Simply drop the round into the mag. It will just fall into place.
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: the person is actually holding the loader correctly in the above photo. Notice how the mag just sits on the table. You do NOT hold the mag with the other hand.

[​IMG]

Step 4:
    In one motion relax your grip and let the loader return to the original position like in step 1.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Video
    [​IMG]
    Here is a good video of the UpLULA Loader in Action.
    Notice how the rounds simply "drop" into place.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Where you can buy them
    [​IMG]
    If you have a website or local shop you wanted listed here, PM me with the info.

On the Web...

MilSurpStuff.com:
    *Our very own Benny has them for $29.99*

http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=UPLULA

eGuns.com:
    $26.25+3.29* shipping=$29.54
    * = right now they have a special of $3.29 on shipping
    http://tinyurl.com/2ptqy6

CheaperThanDirt.com:
    $24.14+ shipping
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/47898-56908-1172.html

eBay:
    $23.49 - $29.99 + shipping
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=UpLULA&category0=

Local Shops...

KY - Owensboro area:
    Whittaker Guns
    $27.99+($1.68 tax)=$29.67
    http://www.whittakerguns.com/

2. What happened with this challenge? Did the boys receive the loader in time for their day at the range. I haven't seen their reviews yet.

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

No it did not get there in time. According to the Post Office website (and the local post office guy) it was supposed to be 2-3 day delivery from my zip to his. Its more like 6-7days! Hopefully Primal will get it today.

4. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

I have been eyeing those loaders. Im anxious to see if it gets the Hi-Point forum seal of approval.

5. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Maverick, that is a negative. It did not come in the mail today. I have no idea what has happened here. I did recieve the Adco loader that you sent me from the "Pay it Forward" thread on the old site. I have yet to recieve the new loader. Sorry for the bad news, but that's all I can tell you right now. I may get it tomorrow and I'll let you know if I do.

6. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    Looks like a real thumb saver there.

7. Maverick

Maverick Guest

If you don't get it tomorrow. I will call the Post Office and report it as lost. Good thing I put insurance on it.

8. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

So what are the inner dimensions of this mag loader at the base?

Tom

9. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I dot have a pair of calipers, but I will try to measure it here in a bit. For now here is some info about which mags and manufactures it will and wont work with. I got this info from the manufactures website.

Load them all*:

Loads all* .45, .40, 10mm, .357, and 9mm caliber rounds and magazines; both single and double stack mags., of all manufacturers.
    Will load some other caliber rounds & mags., including some .380 (9mm short) rounds & mags.

- Astra, Auto Ordnance, Barak, Beretta, Browning, Bul, Colt, CZ, EAA, FN, Glock, HK,
    Hi-Point, High Standard, Jerico, Kahr, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Les Baer, Llama, Luger, Magnum Research, Para Ordnance, Phonix Arms, Ruger, Sigma, Sig/Sauer, S&W, Springfield Armory, Star, Steyr, Taurus, Vector, Walter, and more.

Does NOT load properly:
    *Glock 6rd .45 SS (Single Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)
    *Glock .45 G.A.P. DS (Double Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)
    *S&W 7rd 9mm SS (Beak too wide, does not enter between lips)
    *May not load few types of mags, and mags with less than 8.0mm between their lips.

10. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

Will definatly be interested in giving the UpLULA a shot with my C9 single stack and Taurus PT111 MPro double stack. :)

11. PrimalSeal

Maverick, I still didn't recieve the mag loader. Sorry buddy.... I'll let you know if comes later this week.

12. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I called the USPS and even though I have insurance on it. They wont count it lost until after 21 days! It doesn't matter that it only takes 2 days for priority mail to go from my zip to yours... :twisted:

At this point I'm willing to ship out another one via UPS (so we can track it the whole way) this time. Is UPS able to deliver to your address?

If we can ever get it to Primal, I would love to have you give it a go too rimfire. I think Taurus said he wanted it to try it after Primal, but I suspect he will be tied up with moving/settling in for a while...

13. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    I hope it didn't get lost. They may never find it and sometimes it is hard to get reimbursed.

14. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Ahh this is crap, I wanted to try it. Well if you do get it lemme know how it works and I will get you my address to send it to.

15. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I'm shipping out a 2nd one to Primal tomorrow morning via UPS this time. We will get this going... It may cost me $60.00 in loaders and $20.00 in shipping... But by gosh we will get it going!

16. PrimalSeal

That sounds like a plan Mav.... If I do recieve the other mag loader sometime in the future, I'll turn it right around and send it back to you, or just Pay Pal you the money and keep it. That is IF it ever comes..... Sometimes the Postal Service really sucks... Case in point... After Katrina, I sent my wife letters while she was in BMT, and she didn't get them until she was in Tech School, 8 weeks later. I only recieved 5 letters that she sent me the entire 6 weeks she was there. She said she sent me over 15 letters, sometimes 3 a week. Crazy...

17. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I sent out the 2nd UpLULA Loader today via UPS Ground. They said you will get it Wednesday. I will PM you the Tracking Number so we both can keep an eye on this one.

Once you get it keep it for 1 week or 4... Just keep it as long as you feel you need in order to get the hang of it, and have plenty of range time with it. I just don't want you or anyone else to feel rushed.

With the apparent loss of the first loader with the US Post Office and no way to track it. I would ask that people testing the loader please use UPS or FedEx to ship to the next person. With UPS or FedEx we are able to track the package. I know UPS also insures every box up to $100.00 free of charge.

I will post the above in the "challenge" on page one.

18. Maverick

Maverick Guest

UPDATE:

Well UPS has managed to loose the 2nd loader! :twisted:

I shipped it out on Firday 10/19
    The package left town at 8:50pm on 10/19
    It arrived in Nashville, TN at 12:02am on 10/20
    It has not been heard from since, and had a schedualed delivery date of 10/24

UPS has now put a trace on the package. I have to give the trace 8 days before its considered lost.

I will wait the 8days and see what happens. If UPS cant find it, then I guess I will ship out a 3rd mag loader! This is getting nutz, but I will get one to Primal if I have to drive it there myself.

19. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Maybe the folks at USPS and UPS have been reading the forum and are intercepting the packages and keeping them for themselves. LOL That is unbelievable bad luck to lose two with separate carriers.

20. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Well-Known Member

This sux! Was looking forward to giving that thing a test drive on my C9, Taurus and Bersa mags.

rimfirehunter