Third Generation

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Death Penalty, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I'm the third generation to inherit this gun. It's a .243win coupled to a Nazi Mauser bolt on a custom carved walnut stock. My grandfather gave it to me today so I can have it sighted in for my first deer/bear season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It hasn't been shot in better than 20 years, and probably hadn't been cleaned (until tonight) in 25 or so. It's the sweetest thing I have ever held, and it'll continue a long healthy life slaying deer and bear in upstate New York.

2. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Thats cool man.The gun and your grandpa 8)

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Wow, that gun has some history behind it I bet! Good looking furniture too! Awesome Death Penalty, I like that rifle.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Nice very nice! you better hang onto that one!!!

5. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

6. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Sweet. Heirloom guns are the best!

7. Very nice!

I wish I had relatives that would eventually pass down their heirlooms but alas, none of my family is into guns.

Why is this in caliber zone, you shoud put it in into other brands of firearms, you might get more hits.

I like that gun though.

8. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

That is one sweet piece.

I'm sort of hoping to get something a bit longer than that........ 45 foot motorhome, 60 sail boat...... :lol:

9. rift

rift Guest

wow another upstate new yorker :shock:

10. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

Beautiful rifle,fabulous multi-use caliber. Congrats on the gift you received.

11. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    congrats, a very nice rifle indeed.