topic page length?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by Maverick, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Whats with the new topic page length?

Popular topics are no longer multiple pages, but ranter one long single page. While I sort of like this... It does have a negative effect on load time with topics that have allot of photos. Especially for users with slower internet connections.

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Right now it's set at 50 posts per page....

What do you guys think? Do you like it how it is, or do you want shorter post/page lengths?

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

My vote is a little shorter.

What was it before the change and what was it on the old forum?

4. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I think it was 15 or 20 before the change, but I may be mistaken... I don't know what it was on the old forum as I didn't have access to the admin panel back then......

Let's let some of the others vote on what they'd like to see and maybe we'll get it shortened....

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I like it: I used to freak out when I saw a thread hat had posts; first time after the viewing, I was like we lost some info again! I looked closer...its there.

6. It is already taking too long to load some of the photo threads and I am on cable. I can't imagine the dial up guys if we have any. I would like to see the posts per page made smaller. I wish this could be done per thread but something tells me it is an across the board only kind of change.

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I am running Sprint wirless, In my area it is ussually dial up speed but does get up to braod band.

I LOVE THE 50 Posts per page. I only have load time trouble with pics. But I do not have to fight the screen back.

So I saay keep it 50 please. I hated waiting to load new pages just to read the threads. This rules!

JUST my hay penny.

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

We're tied at 2 to 2 so far...

Maybe this needs to be made into a poll. Some people may not take the time to comment. Allot of others may not even read/see it since its in the Suggestions or Complaints section. I know I don't normally read it myself unless I have a current issue/suggestion.