Trigger work

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Bushman98, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Bushman98

Bushman98 Well-Known Member

Well, I think besides the stock, the 10-round mag, and the fireing pin the most complained about part of the gun is the trigger. Mostly its the heavy pull, but sometimes also that its plastic...... untill now:

***Please note: The black one is the original one, the silver one is the prototype.***

[​IMG]

This is the prototype, need to go buy some small drill bits for the two pin holes and the spring hole in the back. Also, need to figure out how to cut the slot in the back.

[​IMG]

If everything works out ok and there is some intrest in it, I may make a small production run.

What do you guys think?

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I EFFIN' LOVE IT!!! Sign me up for first dibs on one of those SEXY MOTHERS!!!!

Oh, I have an idea, how bout a Mod/Admin challenge?!?!?!?!?!

Whatever, I want one!

3. is there any way to make new cam levers to give a better mechanical advantage to lighten the pull?

4. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

A titanium trigger to go with the titanium firing pin [just what PS ordered :wink: :lol: ]

5. Bushman98

Sure, just need to figure out if there will be enough travel available and space behind the trigger since it will have to be made deeper. But I dont want to dab into that yet.

First copy, then improve.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Your one brave guy LOL

7. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I'll just let that one go Ari, don't worry... I don't get mad... I get EVEN!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

:wink:

Good one Shooter, you got me on that one.

8. yeah if you can come up with a lightened trigger pull version i'd take one for sure.

9. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

I'd probably be interested in one that has holes drilled through it, like on Kimber 1911s...

[​IMG]

10. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

^ ooh! like that!

if it had the 3 holes in ot.. or even was hollowed out in the middle.. id buy.

what material did you use? i would probably have one goldplated like on my buckmark.. really sets off a black gun.

11. Very, very nice! One suggestion: would it be a good idea to put a nylon insert for the trigger pivot pin? I can see metal-on-metal wearing after a while.

12. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

13. Bushman98

Holes probably doable.

Already tried to skeletonize, not alot of material left, remember, it has a big ol' cut in the back.

14. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

that's just plain awesome :)

15. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

Bush, Looks like you have access to a CNC. Any thoughts on a replacement for the Operating Handle?

16. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

yeah what ever happened to that from the old site?

17. Bushman98

Yes, I do. I built one in my garage. Still working on the CNC lathe so the handle will have to wait. Already have it desing though:

[​IMG]

18. I traded in my titanium firing pin, and got me a uranium one.

I am in for a new trigger. What are you thinking price wise???

19. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

You may what to check into to see if your trigger which is based directly off the Hi-Point design infringes on any Hi-Point Patent first before you take your trigger to market.