Unlikely Couple Face to Face.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Sakdog, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Finally got my XD-9 ...Used with 1000 rounds fired for $400 dollars including shipping and FFL transfer fees Included 5 magazines (3 16rounders and 2 10 rounders).. I Like em both...they look like such a happy couple....
    [​IMG]

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Nice piece.

You will not be disapointed, Th XD is one hell of a fine shooter.

I believe it was ne of the best purchases I ever made.

1000RDS for 100+$ off. You did well.

She sure looks good. Sexy little whore aint she. :lol:

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Love the picture!!! Now you just have to give us a range report. :D

4. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Yeah Ill post a bit of a range report Here when I get a Factory front site in.. Yesterday I put 180 rounds thru the XD, And boy did she fire NICE... The previous owner put a Truglo front site on .. Its a little wiggly moves .125" either way so my first mag group was tight and small and then it wandered a bit as the front site came loose... ... But the XD feels Great in the hand, points nice.. its a dream to shoot..

Love the C9 too..

5. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

Dont know if its an unexpected couple...I think most of us have an XD along with our Hi Points :)

6. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Its an unexpected couple to the broad world of "Gun Snobs".. Not for our HPFF fold.

7. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Looks like you got a fine deal with 3 16 round and 2 10 round magazines. Sure is a purty pistol! :wink:

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Congrats on the XD. Sorry to hear about the front sight. Hopefully it's something you can fix easily. If not you might want to call Springfield and see what they can do for you.

I looks like you colored in your markings on both pistols. Did you use paint or crayon? If it was crayon, did you heat the area on the slide so the crayon would melt/flow into the markings evenly?

9. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

My XD has green sights in the rear and orange up front...

10. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

I used Testors model paint, Worked Ok on the XD. The Hi point.. It kind of mushed into the crackle of the powder coat... but its not a biggie.
    Yeah I got the factory front sight... I think they wanted $7.95 for the front sight and $12.95 for shipping!!!!! WTF.. The thing can be tossed into an envelope and mailed for .41 cents.. GRR.. Its frustrating because I actually ship tons of packages and I know that I got raped on shipping.
    Such is life.

11. I really think that you will like that XD I love my xd and carry it most days. I accually think that I am starting to like the XD more than my USP 9 but between the 2 its a really tuff call. Have fun and be safe bro!

12. one of the best pistols that I have...you will not be disappointed.

Congrats!

13. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Hearing all the praise over the XD especially on this beloved forum... Was enough to convince me to buy one. I love this gun.. .. I started carrying it now as well.... AZ open carry.. feels good to have 32 rounds of Ranger SXT in a nice little package such as this.

14. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

Funny::: I had to do my home work the hard way.

You KNow brother in law had one let me fire it. Then Brag about it in front of me while I was in MI. and I am from KS.

YA. he had the XD 45 though. Nice nice shooter. But the 9mm shoots for half the cost. :twisted:

15. BEs-C9

BEs-C9 Guest

aaaactually...i own 4 pistols...3 of which are .22s and my C9... the C9 is my carry as well. when people razz me for it...i remind them that 1000 rounds later...ive only had 3 FTF/FTE/Misfires...those numbers are good enough for me. This spring my college grad present to myself is a Colt New Agent or Kimber Ultra Carry 2. Until then...the C9 gets strapped to my side daily.

16. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

good deal on the xd, love mine, by far my favorite and most comfortable handgun, i've got the tactical with 5 in. barrel but could have bought 4 hp .45's for what i have in the xd, kinda makes me wonder sometimes