What a joke!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by unclerob, Oct 22, 2007.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

Today I went to the range to shoot. After a couple minutes I noticed empty holsters on the Range Officers.

I called the office when I got home and was told it was due to the fact that there "might be a legal problem".

You have to be kidding!

No guns at the shooting range.

Is this the beginning of the end?

2. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Were there "Gun Free Zone" signs? :lol:
    That's really strange.

3. Is this your normal everyday public type range? This must have been a spur of the moment decision if they were still wearing their empty holsters.

4. Im a range officer at my range and that would really hack me off if that happened.

Edited by PrimalSeal for language.

5. unclerob

unclerob Member

Public Range operated on land owned by AZ Game & Fish.

Knowing the Range Masters, I would bet that the empty holsters were a sign of protest. I will ask them next time I drop in.

6. Ridge

Ridge Well-Known Member

This is the week of the protest to allowed concealed carry on college campuses...those in support are to wear empty holsters this week...

7. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That might be it too... I was at the range today and both of the range officers were locked and loaded with guns on the hip... I dunno, anyone from AZ have any other news or information on this?

8. unclerob

unclerob Member

These guys at my range are not the type to remove their firearms for any kind of support movement.

As the front office told me, they were directed to remove their firearms by the board of directors of the club that runs the range.

Tomorrow I will call the other range in Phoenix and see what they have to say. They are on AZ Fish and Game owned land also.

I sent this email to the board:

Greetings,

Today I went to the range to shoot. After a couple minutes I noticed empty holsters on the Range Officers. I called the office when I got home and was told it was due to the fact that there "might be a legal problem".

You have to be kidding!

No guns at the shooting range.

Is this the beginning of the end of the RSSC?

Could you please send out an email to the membership explaining what is transpiring and why.

Concerned member # xxxx