What Would Be A Fair Offer?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by PistolPat, Nov 11, 2007.

1. I have a chance to buy a used Hi-Point 995. It comes with 3 mags and a butt pouch, extra firing pin and FP springs.
    He us aking $180.00 + shipping ($25.00). He will take an offer. He has had this for sale since July. What would be a fair offer? He wants to ship it USPS. Can that be done or should it be UPS? I am somewhat apprehensive since I don't know him and hesitate sending money to an individual I don't know. I need some advice please!
    Thanks!
    Pat

2. Chef Dennis

Chef Dennis Guest

I paid $100 bucks for a 1998 model 995 with nothing more the a single mag, so the price doesn't sound bad at all.

As for the gun being shipped UPS, they will do it no problem, but it nees to be shipped to a licensed gun dealer and NOT directly to you from him anf that will cost you a few more bucks.

Now that being said, if the 2 of you want to avoid the legal gun dealer route (which i would NOT tell you to do, he can mark the package "machine parts" (which hi-point also tells you to do when shipping a weapon back to them) and he does NOT declare it as a weapon on the shipping slip for UPS, then it could be shipped directly to you, but again that would be illegal (especially if this transaction is NOT within the same state) and not advisable. Now if you want to meet face to face, then a sale between the 2 of you is perfectly legal, unless it is an out of state sale, then again it has to go thru a licensed gun dealer.

As for sending him money before the gun is in your hands, its a chance you take.

3. Thanks for the response. He wants to send it through USPS and I don't know if they will do that. We are in the same state.

4. Chef Dennis

Chef Dennis Guest

I won't send it USPS at ALL, but especially if it isn't goint to dealer. If you are in the same state, take a drive and do it face to face.

5. I need to make a correction to my first post. I misread the date that this was listed for sale. It was not listed in July but just three days ago. Sorry for the mistake. I will blame this on severe sleep deprivation.....which is 100% truth! :oops:

6. Chef Dennis

Chef Dennis Guest

the length of time he has had it for sale is no big deal. The price is good as far as I can see. If you want it, buy it.

7. I advised him to list it on here. I really did not need another one because I just bought mine in Oct at the gun show here. My s/o wants a 357 Ruger Blackhawk for the next gun. Handlebar has it listed on the Florida Gun Forum if anyone is interested.

8. Handlebar

Handlebar Guest

This 995 is listed on the for sale thread in this forum.
    Thanks,
    Handlebar

9. Well the price depends, is the firing pin made out of titanium???

10. Handlebar

Handlebar Guest

No, it is a stock HiPoint FP

11. Its an inside joke..

12. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Really funny.... :oops: :shock: :x :wink: :D

13. Not going there.

===========

Oops: late to the party.

14. HPHooked

HPHooked Well-Known Member

Got to watch for those titanium firing pins!!! They'll get you every time. :p