What's your beer of choice??

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by eqfan592, Oct 25, 2007.

1. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Newskate9 mentioned a beer tent over in the FreeFire section and this got me wondering what everybody’s favorite brew is. Being of German descent and having lived in Germany when my dad was stationed there kinda got me into beer drinking in the first place :)

I can deal with MGD if I'm feeling cheap, but otherwise I prefer Leinenkugel (not sure how widely that's available, might be a Midwest only thing) or Hacker-Pschorr. If I haven't had anything to eat for a while, I'll down a Guinness.

2. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

good Lord, EQ - don't you drink any normal beer?????? :lol: :lol:

I love a good Sam Adams, Killians, Cores Lite is a staple and should be its own food group, and a local micro called Lions Head. Oh, and anything Germany produces while I'm in Germany.

Good Question!!

3. eqfan592

lol :D Well, Hacker-Pschorr is a German import (or at least the main brewery is in Germany, not sure if they brew in the US as well) and Leinenkugel is brewed right here in Wisconsin (which is the next best thing to Germany :p ) I also enjoy Sam Adams (one of my dads favs as well) and Killians Red. I can't say I like Cores because I can't recall ever having it. Most of my extended family drink Bud Lite, which is like pee water if you ask me :p

4. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

without trying to torque off BL drinkers...... +1!

5. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

When I was in Germany, I drank Bitburger; Netherlands, Bavaria or Oranjeboom; Australia, VB; here in the US Mic Ultra Amber or Guinness.

6. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

When I DO drink...Guiness.

ONLY Guiness.

I don't get where all these people are thinking that these bottled waters are called beer.

I swear.....so many uncivilized people

:p

7. eqfan592

Hey now, what are you callin bottled water?!?!?! :p

8. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Yuengling Lager when I drink beer at all.

9. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Well, Neo...here an instance where I agree with you.
    Guiness. You know why I love Guiness most of all?
    When I take it to a party I know no one else will try to drink MY beer!
    Of course I've never met a beer that I didn't enjoy to some extent.
    I'll give any beverage a fightin' chance.

10. Yuengling Lager when I'm in Pittsburgh :D And, yes, I do, indeed.

I'm generally an IPA sorta guy, and unfaithful bastard that I am, I like to play the field.

First, living in the Atlanta area, I like two of the locals:

* Sweetwater Brewing. Though they make other lines, their 420 and IPA are my faves.
    * Five Seasons Brew Pub. They don't distribute, but their brews are _really_ made inhouse, unlike some pubs.

I'm not really big on any of the other Atlanta brewers.

Southern producers:

* Terrapin Beer Company. Like Sweetwater, they make a wide variety, but their rye-based IPA is a dream.

Others:

* Yakima Brewing and Malting: Bert Grant's IPA. Their motto: "The only properly hopped beer in America", in which by "properly hopped", they mean "brutally".
    * New Belgium's Fat Tire Ale: Dependable

Imports (of various styles, depending on mood):

* Bass Ale: A good ale, surpassed by the less commonly available...
    * Old Peculiar. Gotta love the name, even more than the exquisite taste.
    * Guinness: Heavy, bitter, and a lovely reminder of my late father-in-law.
    * Boddingtons. In a previous life, I made quite a few business trips to the UK, and this is the commonly available brew that most closely resembles a low-carbonation, local in-house pub offering.

11. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Well-Known Member

Yuck Beer!
    Give me Crown or 40 Creek whiskey.

12. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the whickey either. I like it all brother!

13. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Well-Known Member

Guinness, Killians, and if I can find it, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. That's some good beer there.

Tom

14. Can't stand beer. Yuck.

All of it tastes like piss water.

Can't stand liquors either, they are all sickly sweet and the smell of them alone is enough to make me want to wretch (such as jagermister, etc).

I can handle screwdrivers though.

15. theonlychuck

theonlychuck Well-Known Member

I'm only 22 (23 in December), but I enjoy Guinness, Amber Bock, Heineken, and liquor like Crown, Absolute, Thee Olives, Captain Morgan...pretty much anything but tequila.

16. eqfan592

Double Chocolate Stout? That sounds REAL good! What part of the nation/world is that brewed in?

And I can deal with screwdrivers and whiskey as well, and I'm also partial to rum and scotch (though not together :p )

17. i'm not a beer drinker. I still think the stuff tastes like horse piss. But if I do have to drink it yeingling, sam adams, etc.

Now if you want to donate some good whiskey, bourbon, cognac, or the like i'm open to acceptance :p

18. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

well I like good diet root beer once in a while on a hot summer day a nice cold bottl is good :wink: :lol:

19. eqfan592

Nothin wrong with some root beer :D

20. Leinenkugels, Honey Brown, Miller Light when I'm feeling for cheapie beer, Boddingtons Pub Ale, heck, I'll drink near anything at least once!