WTB DVD READER

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Taurus357

Taurus357 Well-Known Member

Ok, I just realized while setting up a server in the living room that the machine that I planned on using doesn't have a DVD drive. Will buy or trade for one if cheap enough. Doesn't have to be fast, only has to work. Internal, external, doesn't matter. Can trade if there's anything you need. Nerd stuff I have a bunch of odds and ends. Enclosures, KVMs, tones of USB cables, spool of cat 5 e, and so on.

2. dasaroth

dasaroth Member

Hello, i got a used CDRW/DVD drive like new from an hp desktop I swapped it out to a dvd-rw drive. I would rather trade, can you be a little more specific on the enclosures or the kvm switch i could use one of them.

3. jason865

jason865 Guest

Taurus, I have some type of drive in my closet, but I am not sure that it is a dvd drive. It would be tomorrow night before I can get in there and check (I have several boxes of various parts) but if it is a dvd reader I will send it to you, no charge at all.

4. Taurus357

Wow, free beats all. But as for trade, I forget the brand, but it is a 2 machine KVM that supports ps2 for mouse/KB. Will get some specs on it. And the enclosures I have are regular old hdd enclosures, nothing fancy although one looks all crazy with lights and crap.

5. Taurus, I just took out an older but serviceable Toshiba DVD reader from my machine, if you can use it, is yours for free, just send me an address to rosan0827@hotmail.com

6. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Damn, all this free stuff... Lucky dog.... :D

7. jason865

jason865 Guest

Sorry Taurus, but I dug that drive out and it is just a standard cd drive.

8. i've got a couple layin around. If the others fall through let me know.

9. Taurus357

Think I got one comin from Roberto, thanks alot guys, I appreciate it.

10. I'll put it in the mail tomorrow!

11. Taurus357

Thanks man, I appriciate it! Lemme know if you want a few bucks for shipping!