1 Patients in Pennsylvania must choose: Medical marijuana or gun ownership

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by OldOutlaw, Jan 5, 2018.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Some thing to be aware of. Best read and think about how those data bases can be used against any gun owner in past, present, and future. It has already started in PA and in Hawaii.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/news/st...rijuana-or-gun-ownership/stories/201712310482
    In my State, Iowa, your application even goes to the DOT for their Data Base.
    Oh I think the Anti Gun crowd is just loving this whole thing. It is an existing route to confiscate an untold number of guns.
    And by the way, the 4473 question was approved by the the most LIBERAL FEDERAL COURT system in 2016. They ruled it DOES NOT VIOLATE the 2nd Amendment.
    "The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in 2016 that the federal prohibition does not violate the Second Amendment."
    4473- Latest version. https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Be careful for what you wish for. I bet California is going to come down hard one day on anyone who owns a gun and is a user. They then can use Federal Laws to get those guns confiscated if they so desire.

moona11 likes this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Colorado submits medical marijuana card holders info to the SBI for 4473 denials and revoked their carry permits.

moona11 likes this.

3. OldOutlaw

I thought Colorado did. More states appear to be doing so.
    A local talk show on the radio here today was discussing this. It turned hot and heavy. Here in the Quad Cities, 1/2 is in Iowa and the other in Illinois.
    Wow, were the card holders from both sides ever calling in in absolute panic! They had no idea the FBI was being sent all that data for their base.
    Those idiots were all saying Hipaa would never allow it.
    Then a man from Illinois called in. He said they all had better believe it. He today had went to pick up a bolt action rifle he had a dealer order for him.
    He hesitated at that question and the dealer asked if there was some thing he didn't understand. He told the dealer that he was confused as that question should not apply to him because he had an Illinois Marijuana card.
    Dealer told him he is not allowed to buy a gun. Also, he is in danger of having to turn in any other guns he has. Dealer suggested he see a lawyer
    if he has any questions. Dealer told him he was sending the rifle back to the Distributor. And that the buyer was already flagged for this.

moona11 likes this.
  4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I've been warning people about this for years. They don't listen period. They don't believe me and on Deputy got in to a argument with me at a LGS over it. he got laughed out of the store. People are stupid.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  5. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Weed is illegal on a federal level.
    Guns are sold on a Federal level (hence the first "F" in "FFL")
    When you buy a gun you must fill out a Federal questionnaire.
    On said questionnaire it asks specifically if you smoke weed.
    If you answer "Yes" your purchase will be denied.

So, how stoned does a gun owner need to be to think getting a green card is a good idea and can they be prosecuted for obviously lying on their paperwork?

JCE, ajole, Twisty and 1 other person like this.
  7. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

At the Federal level, weed & guns are like oil & water. Can't mix 'em together.

Dane likes this.
  8. adam01364

At the home level, I tried the no weed/ no guns excuse when my Sweetie wanted me to help clear out trash plants in her garden last summer. I got tossed a dirty look and some gardening gloves in return. And she let me keep my guns. ;)

welderman likes this.
  9. Fracman

Fracman Member

You can mix oil & water. We do it all the time in the oil field.

welderman and lcback like this.
  10. OldOutlaw

Yea, I'm pretty well aware of what you boys have mixed up in the Basin. :)
    I traveled that Basin and from there all the way South to the Rio Grande River. I marketed the HDPE pipe for a major manufacturer to the Oil Patch for a lot of years. Some pretty nasty compositions can come out of the ground.
    When the oil patch was running strong in the 1970's, Watford City was I think only about 480 population. Pretty much a shanty town. Now look at the homes there! WOW!

11. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

I think the thread title would apply to every state not just PA.

12. OldOutlaw

I am pretty certain it does. However, will all states comply and send their info to the FBI?

13. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

What about recreational marijuana? Here, anyone over 21 can walk into any of 100's of stores and buy pot. How are they tracking that?

14. moona11

You don't have to track it. If you get caught with a firearm and a scheudle 1 drug your screwed. It's a golden ticket to prison. If you buy a gun and lie in the form your screwed if you get caught. All it takes is a traffic stop to end your life as you know it. People are ignorant to these laws. They think it will not happen to them. I'm watching a buddy go through it right now. He is looking at 10 years minimum

15. OldOutlaw

And I will bet anyone that California is waiting to use this on any gun owner they can. All a squad need do is drive by a marijuana shop and take note of a few plate numbers. Run them and owner on the squad computer and they will know if you have a gun permit. Then, pull ya over for some reason as you leave the goofy grass store. There goes your life. Oh man, are some of the LIB states ever going to use this to get guns!

rowiebowie likes this.
  16. Pistolkitty

If you get caught with illegal drugs and guns, yes, you're screwed, regardless of whether you're carrying a weapons permit or a medical marijuana permit, or what.
    I guess I'm just curious as to how they could regulate something like this in the retail states where anyone can walk into any pot store and purchase without being on any medical marijuana registry. And anyone here can own a gun provided they pass a background check. They don't have to have a permit, only a permit to concealed carry.

I suppose cops could sit outside these stores and run plates, but....

17. moona11

That's what confuses people. It does not natter what the state law says. It only matters what the federal law says. Which is marijuana is illegal period. Add a weapon to the mix it doubles the charges. I've heard people say but the law says this. And I come back with but the law that counts says this. That's why your ass is in handcuffs. Thanks for playing you just became a felon. Cops don't have to sit outside and run numbers. Its pointless and illegal. All they have to do ius do a traffic stop and ask if they are carrying anything thing illegal or a weapon. Or smell it. They can do a search find it with a weapon and blam your famous.

18. adam01364

Blam you're famous, AND you've just spent all your money to defend yourself in a losing Federal case. AND you get to shower with Bubba every day.
    No thanks.

welderman and moona11 like this.
  19. Pistolkitty

I realize that.
    I understand federal vs state.

Just seems like a crap shoot in recreational states. Or like water through a sieve. I don't smoke it, so it doesn't effect me personally, and I don't want to see anyones 2a rights taken away just for smoking dope.
    I guess they're just taking any ins anywhere they can.
    They should just deschedule it.
    In the stores here, I guess they have all kinds of cannabinoid products that have the medical benefits without the thc to make you stoned.

I personally think they call it dope for a reason, and since our state legalized it, its everywhere you turn, but I don't think it should be criminalized.

20. moona11

It is stupid. I think they should deregulate it. But the idiots that try to fight it even knowing the less on the federal level must change fist to matter. I've said it since they started to allow it at the state level. If you want a change that's not at the whim of a AG they need to change the law. And those in the High states need to realize it and read the the law. It's easy you want a gun don't do drugs. You want both call your Congress man.

Pistolkitty likes this.