10/22 stock idea

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by malforce32, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malforce32

malforce32 Well-Known Member

What do you think of a 10/22 stock with a slide fire spade grip.

Attached Files:

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Do you really want to know? It's pointless, just like the conversion kit to make them into a "Gatling" gun.

Why would you turn a really nice functional .22 into a totally impractical .22?

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I think you would get 10 years in a Federal pen. Your hand drawing shows a spring being used to drive the 10/22 forward after it recoils.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

How about buying a wall hanger and refurbishing it, getting it to shooting condition and sell/trade them?

5. malforce32

What do you mean?

6. malforce32

The spring isn't part of original design. Just forgot to mark it out

7. different people are into different things, if he wants to mess with his 10/22 who cares.

I think its a cool idea, though im not sure. in the drawing there is a link going from the stock to the trigger?

If so is that legal or do you plan to keep is like the slide fire stuff and just blocking your finger unless you are pulling out?

8. I think he is saying that he doesn't like your tinkering, you should stick with the classic gun tinkering of refinishing old broken guns,

I imagine that some people have already done all that and are looking for more in-depth design projects than simply, sanding, staining, bluing, swapping parts.

9. FlashBang

SO, if you have both hands on the spade grip how would the 10/22 move forward after the first shot.? If all you want to do is adapt a spade grip, and not do it as a bump fire, that is easy.... and if so I would dual mount two 10/22's side by side with a single spade grip to actuate the triggers on them. You would have an ack-ack if you offset the trigger break to cycle them.

A .22 LR AA gun.... you could shoot down model airplanes, or pigeons. :D

Instead of 10/22's you could use .22LR AR-15 conversions so you could always put them back to .223 and still use it.

Attached Files:

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Let's apply some thread mixology psychology here.
    In another thread he asked about becoming a gunsmith.
    So instead of continuing to molest a 10/22 I would suggest buying a sub $100 wallhanger and fixing it up.
    Sell it and take your learned skills to something more challenging.
    In a couple of years people will be bringing you projects.
    If you're applying with Red Jacket go ahead with the 10/22.
    At some point you'll need to do an internship and they'll ask about what you've done so far.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Or, for something less corrosive to your soul you could become a serial killer. :p

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

13. malforce32

Ha! No kidding

14. malforce32

Also my posted arnt really connected. So this isn't really a wanna gunsmith thing as project that if enough people like I'd make a few and sell. Just something fun to do. And on the note about the arm over the trigger yes that's legal. They have these grips for but stock replacements. They just cost to much. But hard part is figuring how to make those slide fire. The spring was one way but again, laws. That's only thing stumping me.

15. FlashBang

I was thinking the only thing worse then Red Jacket would be a pedophile.... then it hit me.... :p

16. FlashBang

I think before you do anything you need to learn and understand the ATF laws regarding firearms, manufacturing, sales, and gun smithing; and a lesson or two on the NFA rules would also help. I mean this in the most sincere and polite way. :)

17. malforce32

Ya. I thought after its done it may need to be approved. It would be sold as tapco stock with a spade grip.

18. FlashBang

Add to the things you should learn: patent laws. :)

19. malforce32

Ugh. Paten laws. Such a pain.

20. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Lol..... So true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.