10/22 to MG42 conversion

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Silicon Wolverine, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

being as i missed out on the GSG 5 i decided to dress up my old 10/22 for some fun. found this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=180441

i have yet to find a bad review of it, althrough there isnt much around the net oln it. Most seem to buy the muzzleite bullpup stock or the ATI stocks for them. Ill post a review when i get it.

SW

2. I had read about that before, SW, looking forward to hearing how you like it.

3. neothespian

neothespian Member

Wow...looks kinda kick butt! Throw a drum mag and a bipod on that, and you'd scare the hell out of some at the range who didn't know better (or who were far away :p ).

I'm still all about the bullpup, but this has much interest.....

4. Always wondered about them myself....report later!

5. I've seen that before.. Looks freakin awsome. I'd like to have one just to keep on display in my cave :twisted:

6. That looks like fun. Just think, with a gullible person, you can tell them that the Germans made a MG-42 in .22LR for a practice weapon for their basic trainees...

It's a stretch, but someone is bound to believe it... even with RUGER stamped into the barrel... :D

7. Silicon Wolverine

the way it looks teh gun is pretty much entirely enclosed except for the bolt and ejection port, mag and trigger.

SW

8. Langford

Langford Guest

That looks pretty cool! I will be building a "Krinker Plinker" 10/22 eventually, but I have a few other projects to finish up first.

9. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

I have seen one of these at the range, up close they look tacky. I mean a plastic midget mg42! Now if you want a cool looking 10/22 that has great looking and excellent handling characteristics the tapco t6 fusion is the way to go.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=359272

10. Silicon Wolverine

11. griff30

griff30 Member

What about the bullpup stock? I always like the look of them but not so much the only one readily available for the 10/22 (Muzzellite?)

12. Silicon Wolverine

bullpups dont work well for lefty's like me.

SW