Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, and can be costly. :D i picked up a ruger 10/22 ss, and after a few stock changes and optical setups, this is my final result:

initially, i had a bulter creek folding stock, but didn't like the ideal of adding additional rails to mount the aimpoint clone, so i decided to switch to the archangel stock. very simple to put together. did all the basic models for the ruger 10/22 and even did some minor trigger work myself. i choose a tactial solution barrel and it's worth every cent. had an extra vertical grip and tapco sling. i picked up the aimpoint clone from primary arms, and the dot is solid red (came with the mount). overall, this was a fun project and i'm looking forward to some range time.

BUYER BEWARE.. RUGER 10/22 can be very costly, so establish a budget and stick 2 it....... unless you are a single guy like me. :D

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I like it! What kind of grouping do you get with it?
Aries

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's been rainy in cool this week, so i'm crossing my fingers for this weekend to see how this setup fires. with that butler creek setup, i was popping soda cans at 70yards.. give or take 5 yards.

rough estimate investment $400. barrel with fixed faux suppressor was half the cost.

sw.. that is a mean setup you have. what's the rounds per minute count on that?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I have that same foregrip on my AK, hate to be a douche but it's on backwards lol. I mean if it works for you that way that's fine, but I'd imagine you'd get better results with it properly mounted.

The 10/22 is definitely a fun gun. I love mine! Yeah they are definitely costly haha, I've already got about $200 in upgrades done to mine :p I'm sure many more will come in the future.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah they are pricey...throw in a couple of real cans and you got a grand in um. i like that archangel though, very nice. run down all the parts you have in a list for those of us who may want to do it in the future. after my 007 and the new .243 i'm looking to build another 10/22 either that or convert the charger into a stocked SBR or whatever to make it legal. Tacsol is the bomb, i have 3 of their setups, so that is $600 right there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.