10/42 conversion BMF trigger crank installation WITH VIDEO

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Silicon Wolverine, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

ETA scroll down for video links

the bipod and rail came today. easy to mount too. it was made for an AR handguard so all i had to do was drill a couple holes for the included nuts and backers.

[​IMG]

The BMF is supposed to be here friday. then ill post some video.

SW

2. Lookin good man. Im sure that thing is going to be alot of fun at the range.

3. Space

Space Member

NH
    Just pick up my new 10/22 today. $189 for the wood stock / blued one. They wanted $50 more for the stainless synthetic stocked one but I figured it would look just fine stuffed into the "42" stock.

Going to order one from SG tonight.

Couple questions though, how is the stock? Is it simple plastic or more sturdy like typical synthetic stocks?

Also, do I need to remove the front sight. Looks like it may just slide into "sight" in the new stock.

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

Man this has me inspired!!! I have a guy interested in trading a new 10/22 with accessories for the HP .40 S&W, and there just happens to be a shop in town (one of the only 3 gun shops) that has a 10/22 bullpup stock :shock:

If this article and that deal aren't a sign that I need to build a 10/22 project, I don't know what is!

5. Space

Space Member

NH
    Yep, was shooting this weekend going through $$$$ worth of ammo with the Mosin/SKS/AK and my brother had his .22.

He had just as big a smile on his face as I did so I figured it was time to go cheap.

$0.17 per round vs $.02. Ruger 10/22 pays for itself in a few weekends.

6. Silicon Wolverine

It is extremly sturdy, and is made of the same synthetic material as other stocks (im guessing). Both front and rear sights need to be drifted off to fit. See my original thread for install instructions or give me a shout if you run into trouble.

SW

7. Silicon Wolverine

OK the BMF trigger crank arrived today. in slid it into the trigger guard and tigthened the screws. And it didnt work. Even with a different "activator bar" it was too far back to allow the trigger to return. Enter improv mode. I ended up screwing an old trim clip i had left over from wrench turning days to the bottom of the pistol grip/triger guard interface to hold it far enough away to work.

[​IMG]

its ugly, but it works. If you decide to buy one of these, be prepared for some fiddling to make it work, and some improvisation in mounting. Ill try it out tomorrow, but i dont have anyone to video until maybe sunday. :-( I'll do what i can

SW

8. I wanna see that video dude, that's just plain and simple, BADARSE!!!!!

Talk about putting a grin on a man's face!!

9. Silicon Wolverine

Linky back up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgB-eB4R9g[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXpIfDBkdw[/ame]

SW

10. Ari

Ari Guest

I watched your video.. I could not stop laughing! That looks like so much fun...

11. elguapo

elguapo Guest

That is way cool!!!!

12. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

time for the 50 round teardrop mag or some kind of drum!! :D

13. Silicon Wolverine

If any of them worked id buy one, but ive heard nothing but bad reviews for all of them.

SW

14. Dreamthief

I heard the teardrop one works pretty well.

15. Silicon Wolverine

ive looked at four different sites that sell them and all of them have multiple customer reviews that state they dont last very long. If im going to blow close to 100$ on a mag i want it to last.

SW

16. Dreamthief

I hear you there. man that sucks. out of curiosity could you feed a belt through that?

17. Silicon Wolverine

i reallt doubt it. It would require massive alteration to the reciver.

SW

18. Dreamthief

yeah thats kind of what I figured...still not too familiar with the whole modding/fabbing thing...I desperately want a 10/22 though. lol

19. Silicon Wolverine

you can pick up a good used one for under 150$. Whats holdin' ya back?

SW