Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

10 MM Carbine - Muzzle Brakes????

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RACHGIER 
#1 ·
Not new here but it's been awhile and I finally picked up a 10 MM Carbine. I was looking @ the HI POINT accessories and found 2 Muzzle Brakes. The Razor Tac Muzzle brake with sharp pointy things sticking out front and a bunch of hole's kind of like my Shot Gun Brake and the Tri Delta Tac Muzzle brake. Same price for each of them $29.95. Wondering if anyone here has used either or both of the brakes and which worked "Better"? Does the TRI Delta work better? - which by looking at it my impression is it might be better as a brake. If it doesn't seem to make any real difference then having the ugly pointy thing on front might be more fun! I'm going to pick up the double magazine set with the mount. Anyone have any photos of it mounted on the carbine???

Thanks

LBM😎

#2 ·
There’s not much going on as a “brake” wth a pistol round, there’s just not that much high velocity gas to redirect, nor much recoil to mitigate.

Grab the one you like the looks of.

There’s one thing about the pointy units. They poke EVERYTHING. Like the case, anything they sit near, etc. But I also like the look.👍

#3 ·
Thanks. I decided to order the Tri Delta. If nothing else maybe it will fit in my Gun Safe better - when I put it away I found the barrel was just a tad too short to fit into the cross bar. Wait and see I guess. Might need to pad under the butt a bit.
I remember quite a discussion on accuracy when I was first looking into Hi Point. Any thoughts on accuracy of the 10mm. I didn't buy it for pin point accuracy but curious what people have found with the 10 mm round. Both with the round as well as the rifle. Ammo is hard to find but I did order in a couple of 50 rd boxes of 185 grain jacked HP I'll see how it shoots. LBM

#4 ·
I haven’t printed any real groups with the 10 mm. My 9mm will do a 2 inch ragged hole at 25 yards, with the right ammo. Which may be not the right ammo for any of my other 9 mm guns, so try a few different types, if you can.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wait and see. I suppose I'll be happy if I can get them all on a paper plate @ 25 yards. Less expensive ammo I could find online was a buck a round for FMJ. I kind of like HP so I payed a bit more even though I doubt they will actually expand - kind of sticks in my craw to have to pay that much. When I get those 100 rounds round shot up I'll just have to dig out my reloading gear and start reloading them along with the 9mm, 44mag, 45 LC, etc. I've been saving up! Might be able to find a load that tightens up some.

40 S&W Correct??? Factory ammo or loading for it?? Same size bullet diameter - a bit difference in case lengths but should be pretty close. Pretty close to inch groups?? Interesting. I actually picked this one up because I was interested in the Hi Point rifle and the 10 mm was on sale - less $$ then the 9mm. I have a couple of 9 mm pistols and the usual .38, .357, 44 mag, 45 LC, .22 pistols and I used to have a 40 S&W Glock 23 that is long gone so -time for a 10mm (40). I also kind of figure that I can put it behind the seat in whatever rig I'm driving I'll be well set up with it and what ever pistol I have stuck in the PU? 😎 I do think I may have an issue with cases hitting me in the nose sice I shoot left eye dominate. Probably have to ponder on that point for awhile.:rolleyes:

My 4095 does quarter sized groups with 180gr @ 75y. If that helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.