10 shots with my 4095

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Dohrmc, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

I got a red dot for my 4095. The Sparc is back on the AR, where it lives.

So I went to the local range to get the red dot hitting the target. Finally got it sighted in at 25 yds, (longest distance there, outdoor range a no go due to snow and ice).

The guy next to me showed great interest in the carbine. He has a couple of nice pistols he was shooting. I was ready to go, but asked him if he would like to shoot it.
    A big Yes! for an answer.
    Loaded up 10 rounds of .40 and turned him loose.

He put a target out about 15 yds, and put the last 4 shots right around the center of the target, shooting offhand.
    He really liked the carbine, and the way it shot. It appears I got the red dot about right.

He said he is planning on getting one. A lot easier to shoot and smack the target than with a pistol.

My good deed for the day.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Way to spread the love!

What red dot did you use?

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yes, a glaring omission, DOHR!!! :p

4. Dohrmc

My humble apologies...............It is a Sightmark Ultrashot Reflex Sight. It was on sale.
    It's ok. Had a big wrasslin' match with it getting it sighted in. Then discovered it was not the sight but me. The bolts had worked loose and it was not solidly on the rail.
    Locktite here I come.

Spent some time getting the iron sights adjusted. I got glasses, so I can see better than I could.

So far, so good.

5. Flydean1

Flydean1 Member

My BSA Red Dot solved all my eyesight issues. Bang on @ 50 yds. Will take photos next range trip. Wife even liked shooting with it.

6. Dohrmc

Sightmark

Went out today to put some more rounds through the 4095. The Sightmark works ok, but the reticle began disappearing from recoil about an hour into the shooting. It also appeared the zero changed.
    More investigation in order, but I think a call to Sightmark is in order.

Bolts appeared to be tight on the scope to rail.