$100 c9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by 45Man, Mar 19, 2016.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I was not going to comment, but here goes anyways. I think this is a very bad idea that could cause harm to the HI Point brand.

Watching a documentary a while back and it showed a gangbanger showing of his Hi Point and a wad of money. To me this just puts them both together.

I know opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one, and I do hope I am wrong. Just saying......

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I don't see why it should be different for HP than for Glock or any other maker?

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Bangers will be Bangers. I'd be more worried about a kid thinking this one's a toy. Luckily at that price it'll probably never sell.

[​IMG]

4. greg_r

I was just putting the two together. I showed a picture of the $100 gun to my SIL when I first saw it a month or so ago. The first thing he did was compared it to the documentary. Commented that bangers always show off their money, and that the HI Point already had a reputation, they did not have to advertise it. I just think that he may have had a point. The documentary I was referring to had the banger/dealer holding a HI Point and calling it his a Glock 40 problem solver.

Don't think the thought would be any different if it were a Glock.

Again, I at first liked it, then soured on the idea when the SIL made his comment. Guess I just do not like what could be construed as negative publicity.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  5. greg_r

I agree with this too.

6. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Hi-Points don't need anymore of a gang banger reputation than they already have.

7. greg_r

This is the point I was trying to make. For a while I have heard HI Points were gangster guns", just like Glocks are "cop guns"

Just a stigma we don't need and certainly don't need to encourage.