1000's violate WA new law at capitol

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Dec 19, 2014.

1. The American spirit hasn't be broken yet and I doubt it will. Soon the leftists will quit polishing their jackboots, because they'll see they won't ever get to use them.

"Attendees publicly transferred their guns to each other in violation of I-591's background check provisions, and some even bought and sold guns just a few feet away from law enforcement."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/o...shington-state-law-in-front-of-police-131193/

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's awesome!... Even better if le agencies refuse to do anything about it.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I hope we never have a need for this in my state, but if we do, I'm there!
    "I have rallied before, and I will rally again!" (@the statehouse)

4. It takes courage to stand for liberty. It is good to see the fires of freedom burning in the hearts of so many Washington state citizens. If law enforcement refuse to enforce these evil laws then they might as well be repealed.

It's mandatory gun registration first, then they come and take them away later along with the rest of your liberty.

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

i made a post about 594 awhile back when someone started digging into the bill's wording. Flare guns for boats and some tools will need a background check in order to be purchased/traded because the wording is that anything that uses gunpowder to propel an object is considered a firearm. Hope Lowe's, Home Depot and marina stores have their FFLs on hand for the new law that's coming into play soon.

6. So is the law already in effect? We're the people committing a felony like the article reads? Or are they safe to do it until Jan 1?

7. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

The governor of WA must be trying to play the middle. He requested that law enforcement not make any arrests because they were law abiding citizens protesting. We will see how it plays out once the governor quits playing in the middle. It also could be the state of WA has no intentions of enforcing I-591 until the court battles are won or lost.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

i-591 was the failed bill, 594 was what passed. 591 would have prevented new gun laws from being enacted in the state.

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Thanks for sharing OP! :)

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Prolly voted and tabulated on Diebold Voting Machines :mad::mad::mad:

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I read an article that stated some people voted for BOTH bills because they didn't really know which was which, or much about the bills.

Low information voters inDEED

12. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

Maybe you should share that information with the OP.

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I kinda did on my first post in this thread

14. And that is the very reason some people want to have a democracy instead of a republic. They figure they can make monkeys of the people most of the time.

Of course the Founders knew this from their study of history and made our government a republic.

15. They won't enforce it after the court battles either. If for no other reason, than it is unenforceable. Plus the gov doesn't want to be on the losing side of any confrontation over this issue.

The only thing a law like this does is create more contempt for the government.

16. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Indeed. Federalist Paper #10 indicates The Founders' understanding that pure democracy is just rule of the mob. The majority can tyrannize the minority just as much as a despotic central government can.

Given how easy it is to mobilize the useful idiots (as Stalin called them) who comprise so much of the low-information segment of our society, a pure democracy would result in our country eventually facing the "One man, one vote, one election" scenario. Look at how quickly they rally around authoritarian agenda items just because some celebrities tweet about it or because someone told them that it is good for them.

Long live the Republic!

17. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IN9GiyRzKI[/ame]