Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum, first off. Don't know for NJ on where to find any guns, or the gun laws you have. Your best bet would be to find a LGS that actually carries Hi-Points and order one. This would guarantee that your name is called when one comes in.

All firearms, can't say are in short supply, but for ones that are cheaper costing are snatched up quick, no matter their name brand.

If or whenever you do get one, just make sure you get/havegood stock on any ammo for it, before that firearm gets in your hands if you don't already have a good supply of it, because ammo, no matter what caliber is in short supply right now, but I'm sure you already know that. Don't count on bulk sales. What you see on the shelves was ammo's ordered probably over 6 months ago.

I'm right now stocking up on some 410ga shotshells, and I don't even have what shotgun I want in my hands yet. Still deciding on what brand to get for a decent price in something that's single shot or semiauto. I keep seeing a bunch of brands come in, but so far they aren't what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
Wouldn’t the Cali model be complaint for NJ also with the unthreaded barrel and pistol grip wing attachment? View attachment 73210
According to the law, you would only need to remove 1 item. The threaded barrel, or the pistol grip. "Permanently" pinning a muzzle thread protector on the carbine would satisfy the ban because at that point it would only be a semi-automatic that accepts detachable magazines and 1 (one) additional feature, and not 2 (two) or more.

So as long as your pre-delivery modification includes dealing with the barrel threads, you should be good. Even NY is still fuzzy on whether or not the Cali shark fin grip is legal, so I wouldn't trust anything you hear unless it's from your State Attorney General.

Might want to run all this by your local FFL's, and not take any shit from them for wanting a Hi Point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts