Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this is my first post here.

I've gone through all the posts here and online regarding the 1095 and case bulging and couldn't come up with many answers, so i apologize if this has been asked ad nauseum.

I picked up a NIB 1095 about a week ago for 200 dollars off armslist, seems like a steal!

I've only put about 60 rounds through it, used some S&B 180 grain, buffalo bore 145, and 180 grain hardcast which i can't recall the brand.

Got some FTFs with the S&B flat-nose the first couple mags, which I'm not too worried about being that it's a new gun, but basically all the rounds so far have had bulged cases and have been really dirty/scorched. I would like to reload the 10mm as I've got pistols in this caliber as well.

Is this normal? As far as i know the barrel is unsupported.. I wanted to ask if i need to call mom before i drop this into a HTA stock.

I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice, I just know that the brass comes out a lot straighter out of my other 10mms.

20200706_153701.jpg 20200706_153902.jpg

Anyway, thanks you guys. Hopefully this isn't too dumb a question.

·
Administrator
24,562 Posts
We've had it mentioned once before... maybe? I bought a bulge buster to reload 10mm for the glock. You'll probably get similar advice for your carbine. Turns out I didn't need it because my Lee resizing die takes the bulge out of them, but I keep it handy just in case.

That's definitely an asymmetrical bulge though. And it never hurts to call and ask. Their website didn't mention anything about the 10mm chamber, but I didn't really dive in to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've had it mentioned once before... maybe? I bought a bulge buster to reload 10mm for the glock. You'll probably get similar advice for your carbine. Turns out I didn't need it because my Lee resizing die takes the bulge out of them, but I keep it handy just in case.

That's definitely an asymmetrical bulge though. And it never hurts to call and ask. Their website didn't mention anything about the 10mm chamber, but I didn't really dive in to it.
Thanks for the response!

Yeah, it doesn't seem as serious as the glock smiley at all. It looks like it is happening at the bottom of the barrel near the magazine. Just a bulge on one side, maybe 35% of the case.

My only other Hi-point is a .45 pistol, I didnt notice the brass getting so dirty. I know that's a thing with blow-backs. Is that normal in your experience?

That's good to know about the Lee press, I've got one coming! :)

I've read a ton on this forum, there are a lot of experienced people here, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Probably will take your advice and see what Hi-Point says as well.

Thank you Rachgier!

·
Administrator
24,562 Posts
Thanks for the response!

Yeah, it doesn't seem as serious as the glock smiley at all. It looks like it is happening at the bottom of the barrel near the magazine. Just a bulge on one side, maybe 35% of the case.

My only other Hi-point is a .45 pistol, I didnt notice the brass getting so dirty. I know that's a thing with blow-backs. Is that normal in your experience?

That's good to know about the Lee press, I've got one coming! :)

I've read a ton on this forum, there are a lot of experienced people here, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Probably will take your advice and see what Hi-Point says as well.

Thank you Rachgier!
Some ammo tends to be a bit dirtier than others. Steel case is usually the worst. It's a ductility thing. My reloads tend to be hotter than factory so they're a bit dirtier.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
[winks back a tear]

I remember that 'moment' in the Mole Burrow, that look on your face, when I handed you that first G20 you ever held... :rotfl:

Now you are loading and not 'Sploading your own 10mm Ammo!!! @Rachgier

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Nice!
I don't think I own a single Gen4...
but my G30SF is pretty close, and the
G34 factory race gun is kind of a hybrid too.

Sonny Boi got a G45 (gen5) and loves it. I really
like it too, better trigger than older G-Series. IMO.

The new modular backstrap made all the difference.
Dr. Big Hands :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Nice!
I don't think I own a single Gen4...
but my G30SF is pretty close,
Have you tried that G30SF with the nine-round flush fit magazines? It actually makes a huge difference in how much it prints under a shirt, and it is still quite shootable, even without the pinky spot you get from the 10-rounder.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Not sure, "think"!
I may have ONE such mag, then I can carry TWO ten rounders for Reloads.
It may be the only true "carry pistol" I currently own!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Not sure, "think"!
I may have ONE such mag, then I can carry TWO ten rounders for Reloads.
It may be the only true "carry pistol" I currently own!!! :eek:
It's my bedside gun currently...
My G30SF only came with the 10-rounders. I had to order a few of the nine-rounders a couple months ago, after I finally realized how much the base of the 10-rounder pokes out a lot.

I've had my P938 as my bedside gun for a long time because of the night sights, but after I put the Trijicon tritiums on my G30SF, it fits the role very well.

I also dropped one of those tungsten recoil spring guide rods into it for carry. I use the stock RSG for the range, and then the tungsten one goes in afterwards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those bulges don't look terrible. I am literally just back from the range with my HTA 1095. I shot Sig FMJ Elite Performance 180gr today. I have a very small bulge on my cases as well.

Bulge buster will make short work of these cases. 10mm gets much bulgier out of some of the sloppier chambers - I would not worry 'bout your brass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those bulges don't look terrible. I am literally just back from the range with my HTA 1095. I shot Sig FMJ Elite Performance 180gr today. I have a very small bulge on my cases as well.

Bulge buster will make short work of these cases. 10mm gets much bulgier out of some of the sloppier chambers - I would not worry 'bout your brass.
I would guess it's pretty similar to the pics I posted?

Thats good to know, I wasn't sure how average/bad it was for trying to get multiple uses out of the cases.

Do you reload 10 too?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would guess it's pretty similar to the pics I posted?

Thats good to know, I wasn't sure how average/bad it was for trying to get multiple uses out of the cases.

Do you reload 10 too?
My bulges were slightly less obvious - but, comparable.

I do reload for 10, but I mothballed my presses in my last move - so, not recently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts