Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what other magazines will fit the 10TS....looking for something with more than 10 rds

·
Premium Member
21,785 Posts
ProMag makes a drum. Some modify the Redball 4595 mags.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
5,283 Posts
Not a lot of after market for HP. Trashy hit the most popular ones.

·
Premium Member
21,785 Posts
And exactly how do you modify the mag?
Search around the carbine section. I don't own a 10. Probably going to need a micrometer and some needle nose pliers.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts
My theory was to get a 45acp Korean 1911 drum mag, narrow the feed lips, and run 28rds+ of 10mm. My calculations called for an increase in capacity of 3 whole rounds plus one could grind out that little divider in there that would also add +2 for a 33 round total. The promag drum seems to be a proven unit as well, 40 is greater than 33 and you also would not need a TMF mag catch like the Korean drum requires!

Less work, less mods, more capacity...
PROMAG seems to be the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
21,785 Posts
I posted a drum video less than 2 months back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone tried the Glock 20 magazines in 10mm?

My Red Ball extended mag for the 4595 seems to feed 10mm OK. Have not tried it yet on the range but it seems to feed ok when manually racking ammo. The video says the mag works in the 20 & 40 so I was thinking it might work in the 10TS ??

·
Premium Member
21,785 Posts

My Red Ball extended mag for the 4595 seems to feed 10mm OK when manually racking ammo.
Glock mags, won't fit. The 45, and 10mm are really fat.

Please don't hand cycle live ammo. The firing pin is the ejector. It can set a round off and scatter shrapnel into body parts.

·
Premium Member
36,313 Posts

My Red Ball extended mag for the 4595 seems to feed 10mm OK. Have not tried it yet on the range but it seems to feed ok when manually racking ammo. The video says the mag works in the 20 & 40 so I was thinking it might work in the 10TS ??
The G20 and the G 40 are not going to work, they are double stack, and wider, so they won’t fit into the HP magwell. I have the G20, and yes, I checked, despite KNOWING it wouldn’t fit.

I tried the 4595 mag in the 1095, it vomited bullets right away once on the range. The rule with HP’s is NEVER cycle by hand. Two reasons, one is safety because of the firing pin being the ejector, but the biggest reason for me is....

.....IT DOESN’T WORK RIGHT.

FAR too many people gripe and complain about some malfunction, when they’ve never even shot the weapon. Not saying you are complaining, you’re ok.

Until you try it at the range, you just never know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts