Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 1095 10mm auto model hi-point carbine ... been hearing that the model 4095 .40 magazines will run through the 1095 model... can anyone confirm or deny this?

If this is false, where can I find magazines for the 10mm model that exceed the 10rd limit..?

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
The 45 ACP Red Ball mags didn’t work for me in my 10 mm. Not a complaint, I just hoped they would. It IS possible one could squeeze the lips down to function right, the issue was, they would vomit rounds once the shooting started. But I didn’t feel like messing with it.

I don’t have any hi cap .40 mags, and I didn’t try the OEM .40, but I suspect that if I take out the plastic strip in the front, they might work in the 10.

·
Premium Member
21,299 Posts
The 45 ACP Red Ball mags didn’t work for me in my 10 mm. Not a complaint, I just hoped they would. It IS possible one could squeeze the lips down to function right, the issue was, they would vomit rounds once the shooting started. But I didn’t feel like messing with it.

I don’t have any hi cap .40 mags, and I didn’t try the OEM .40, but I suspect that if I take out the plastic strip in the front, they might work in the 10.
Makes you wonder if the ProMag 15rd 40's can run 10mm? I don't own a 10mm anything to try.

·
Registered
95 Posts

If I am not mistaken, if you take the plastic strip out of the .40 mags, they become .45 mags.
Maybe this only applies to older mags. I could be wrong. I think the follower on the .40 version is a bit shorter front to back as well, to make room for the plastic filler strip so that may be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts