Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I could go for that. The could come out with a 10mm carbine a lot faster than a .45acp one

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Man I'm running out of room to hide the little fellows from my wife.
Oh well thay don't eat much, if you reload.

·
Registered
905 Posts
As for the pistol you could use the JHP45 and put a 40S&W barrel in it from a .40 HP and viola 400 Corbon which is similar ballistics to a 10mm.
I have been thinking of building a .357SIG carbine from 4095.... After I modify a Mosin and my Mauser.
Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
What about a pistol and a carbine in 10mm? I could buy both for the price of a Glock 20.
That is a great idea! I was out today and shot a friend's Delta Elite 10mm. I love that pistol and got to figure out how to get one!

A carbine chambered for it would probably have to be a bit heavier or use some form of locking (delay might work?) but it would be a fantastic combination. If HP should do this, they would have a real winner by packaging them together. I'd be fighting for 1st place in line... :wink:

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
As for the pistol you could use the JHP45 and put a 40S&W barrel in it from a .40 HP and viola 400 Corbon which is similar ballistics to a 10mm.
I have been thinking of building a .357SIG carbine from 4095.... After I modify a Mosin and my Mauser.
Stay tuned.
The Hi-Point .40 JCP is a JHP with the .40 barrel on it. They are the exact same frame.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Stay tuned.
The Hi-Point .40 JCP is a JHP with the .40 barrel on it. They are the exact same frame.
So I would only need a rebarrel and maybe chmfer teh barrel for the hotttt .400 Corbon and viola 10MM goodness. What would Hi-point charge for a .40 S&W barrel?

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
You can check gunbroker. there are guys selling hi-point part kits on there. It looks looks like everything but the frame in most cases. My guess is they come from police destructions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would LOVE to hunt with a 10mm carbine. Such a weapon would see plenty of wild boar/hog slaying action. If hi point could produce reliable, a cost effective 10mm, they'd have a certain niche in the market. Until then, we have to settle for something like this:

·
Registered
928 Posts
a 10mm would require a major redesign of the entire carbine. With HP not even able to get teh 4595 out id say it unlikely.

SW
Heres a quick fact, if the consumers want it they will make it! It could take awhile, but they will make what the buyers want. Without customers they are nothing, just as any other company.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, can you imagine what energy a 10 mm jhp round would have out of a 16 inch barrel? Wow!

I've got the Glock 10mm and 40 models back when they first came out and there wasn't too much difference. Kind of like a 38 special and 357 mag.

Heck, let's shoot for a 44 mag and be done with it :drool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Man, can you imagine what energy a 10 mm jhp round would have out of a 16 inch barrel? Wow!

I've got the Glock 10mm and 40 models back when they first came out and there wasn't too much difference. Kind of like a 38 special and 357 mag.

Heck, let's shoot for a 44 mag and be done with it :drool:
I say the 5095 (.50 AE) and be dont with it.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
OH GOOD GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! Be happy with what they make. They can't keep up with the demand NOW with what they offer How in the HECK are they gonna come up with some new fancy calibers just to please a select few?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just wanted to vote for a 10mm carbine myself. I think it would be fairly simple to mod the 4095 for this, you'd be able to get some awsome performance out of that load from a 16 inch barrel. I know, old topic but I was thinking today that I'd love a carbine in 10mm and figured I'd look for a thread on one on here. Just throwing it out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts