10mm

Discussion in 'Pistol Cartridge Data' started by duster066, Oct 11, 2017.

1. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Got dies and bullets today. I'll work up 3 loads as starters.

Berry's 180 FN plated plinkers.

Bullseye: Everything needs a Bullseye load. I found one that can do a little thumping to. 5.8 to 6.4 grains. That feels like a lot of Bullseye. I'm pretty sure my 45 and 44 plinkers are in the mid 4s. This one will be fun. 1150fps 35,000psi

Power Pistol: The more I look the more I find lots of guys like Power Pistol, particularly in 10mm. 7.8 to 8.7 seems a little light, but makes 35,500psi and 1250fps.

Blue Dot: I have some left I need to use, and guys like it in 10mm. 9.4 to 10.4 seems bout right. I haven't loaded it in years now. As I recall it makes for snappy recoil, lots of smoke, and belches fire. 35,000psi and bout 1235fps.

All came from handloaders.com

One will work good somewhere in that range, and at the top all out perform everything Cabelas had today or the last time I was there.

eldarbeast likes this.
  2. Going to make 10mm Carbine loads too? :)

3. duster066

No. No gun.:(

4. Aw. Planning on it right? If the 1095TS actually comes out? ;)

5. duster066

Oh yes, but I'll wait for the prices and supply to stabilize. And frankly if someone makes a better gun for a competitive price I'll buy the better gun. But I doubt that happens.

CamoDeafie likes this.
  6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

My PP 180 XTP loads are 8.3 and supposed to do over 1300 fps. Haven't even shot them yet, much less choronoed them. If it goes well, I've read that 9.6 grains will get to 1400 fps, so I'll be working up to that, if I can find or calculate some pressure info.

Also read good things about 135 grain bullets getting close to 1900 fps. That could be interesting.

duster066 and eldarbeast like this.
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

...yet

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. duster066

I'm-a gonna stop at 8.7. I don't know how the load data was obtained but 35,000psi range seems enough for my Glock. I don't know squat about that unsupported barrel, and will go slow. The FNP 45 is also unsupported and if that gun has any issues from my searches that is it. But it shoots my PP plus p load fine. That is a hot load with super being the next but not done step.

A 135gr laser is next after this bear load.

lklawson likes this.
  9. duster066

How I segregate. 10 loads 3 powders.

Attached Files:

lklawson likes this.