10rd Magpul Pmags?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Jed, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Being that I am out in California I am limited to 10rd magazines for my Ar-15. Unfortunately there seems to be a nation wide shortage of 10rd Magpul Pmags. Really, every online vendor I find that carries them is out of stock, the few that have them are charging about double what they sold for a month or two ago.

Anyone know of a vendor that has these things for less than $15?
    Or barring that, what other magazine do people like?

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida

3. Good to know. As I have been looking around, just about everyone recommends the Pmag, that was the only reason I was looking for them, and the price was good; $12 on some sites. My local shop does not sell ANY mags for less than $25.

Also looks like they now have the 10rd pmags in stock as well, a change from yesterday.

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

There's plenty of 10/30 p -mags available at the two LGS I I go to

5. There are several vendors on ebay selling 10 round AR mags.

6. USMC_VET, my local shop has the 10/30's but they want $37 each for them. Seems like a lot for a 10rd magazine.

7. slade601

slade601 Member

Wow... I can pick up 30rd gen2 mags for 13 a piece at a lgs. They're really trying to bend you over there.. :/

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    We have 20 rd PMags in stock in my town, and I believe you can get the "round limiters" to make them legal (in some states) 10 round mags...

Does that work in Cali, Jed???

9. USMC_VET

My LGS has them for $17

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

And yet you still haven't given up a name so jed can get the same deal.

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The unfortunate thing about The People's Republik is that round limiters won't work. The setup has to be demonstrably permanent, so even sticking a block into the magazine body won't keep one in compliance with the law.

The only safe option is just to buy the 10-rounders. I have an ungodly stash of Saiga and AR 10-rounders from my time there. What really sucks is that 10-rounders tend to cost more than the 30-rounders.

Ultimately, the best answer is to order them online from Midway or some other source. You'll have a rough time trying to buy them at decent prices in the Kaliforniastan gun stores.

12. USMC_VET

These are all 10-30 mags not sure of mfg possibly Magpul and have seen them priced around $14

Turners outdoors

Bullseye tactical

Evolution sports

Bass pro

13. Rachgier

Good man.

RUN JED, RUN!!!!!!

14. Branth

Branth Member

I know people don't seem to like them much, but I have seriously considered a 10-rounder for my AR-10 just because it shaves an extra half-pound off the weight of the gun and it'll handle better that way. Then again, maybe I just need to get rid of my 1.75lb scope/mount combo... >.<

15. Rachgier

It's all about situational application. Sitting on the range popping paper and enjoying a day of gun-zen-fu, 10-rounders will do it all day long. Staring down a horde of zaks from your upstairs window while your boyfriend lays directly in their path with a broken ankle? You're gonna need a bigger boat.

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Zaks riding Yaks, even...

:llama: :llama: :llama: :zombie: :mumy: