Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the local news here in Evansville, IN tonight that our Whirlpool plant will be closing its doors by the middle of 2010. Some 1100 people will be without work. They are sending production to MEXICO!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
time to boycott whirlpool now too along with everyone else outsourcing to that crap hole called mexico you get what you pay for thats it in a nutshell

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
And to think they come here for work?
Maybe we should go there for some??

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Or we could just buy Mexico, and they wouldn't come up here anymore.... :cantlook: :cantlook:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
they have been sending our local whirlpool plant to mexico for a while now

years....

I think they have a handful left.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
our whirlpool plant (marion,ohio) seems to be holding steady for now. A guy i know who works for whirlpool in Findlay(?), ohio said they were supposed to add quite a few employees . I believe it was because of closing maytag factory after whirlpool bought out maytag.

I worked at a completely different type of factory, 20 years. Last I heard there were only 10 or 12 employees left, just enough to shut everything down.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
just heard that last night, that really sux, guy I work with just north of E-ville goes by sarge,

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I used to live in Boonville. whirlpool on the way to mt vernon there was always a staple for jobs. I heard that severall places there, Creative Craftsman, Anchor Ind., Ameriqual, AFCO, Toyota, are all taking a major hit in this economy.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
I doubt toyota is taking a hit.... look at all the greenies in the prius

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
toyota here is taking a hit while re tooling for the highlander but they are still keeping people working,

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Mercury Marine here is going to lose 800 union jobs and many more salaried jobs. It's the worker's faults though. They wouldn't have got a yearly raise for 2 years and they would still have a job but they voted it down and now they don't have a job. Talk about greedy. In these economic times if it's a choice between having a job and getting your yearly raise, I guess I would choose a job. Little do they know there aren't very many manufacturing jobs around these parts. I wonder where these 1000+ Mercury people are going to get jobs?

Edit: Spelling

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes sir edub, The UNION just got greedy and called Mercury management's bluff and lost. You are 100% right. they should just have kept their jobs and when times got better they could then have renegoiated (?). I'll bet there will be lots of toys going up for sale now in Fond du lac.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
the reason for the Whirlpool plant closer is it makes the old style freezer on top fridge on bottom model and they cannot compete with china on the prices on that type of fridge so they are moving the line to one of the plants in Mexico... Had lunch with one of the engineers today and she gave me the skinny. She has been traveling to Mexico allot this year getting it all set up.

Don't blame Wirlpool for this blame NAFTA.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i blame both nafta and whirlpool and to top it i blame our government for allowing the big price difference and china to undercut us on so much product even after import tax's walmart is the devil all the ma and pop stores around here are gone now the prices at walmart are going up

wtf man do people not learn farmers market here i come ima start growing food on the property and canning again like my great gramma did back in the day its time to take a stand yall and boycott all that is wrong

bet noone is man enough to do that but we will see

i prepared for zombies and i am ready for another great depression got my mason jars and everything i need to survive on top of my knowledge

thats all we hear layoffs here layoffs there yadda yadda fact of the matter is this its not over like the media says and this is just the beginning

are you ready

ima build a moat around my 100 acres and fillit with water diesel and gasoline stay the hell away i am setting out scopin with my .50 cal

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
i prepared for zombies and i am ready for another great depression got my mason jars and everything i need to survive on top of my knowledge

thats all we hear layoffs here layoffs there yadda yadda fact of the matter is this its not over like the media says and this is just the beginning

are you ready

ima build a moat around my 100 acres and fillit with water diesel and gasoline stay the hell away i am setting out scopin with my .50 cal

·
Registered
205 Posts

are you ready

bwahahhahahahahahahhaha

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
i blame both nafta and whirlpool and to top it i blame our government for allowing the big price difference and china to undercut us on so much product even after import tax's walmart is the devil all the ma and pop stores around here are gone now the prices at walmart are going up

wtf man do people not learn farmers market here i come ima start growing food on the property and canning again like my great gramma did back in the day its time to take a stand yall and boycott all that is wrong

bet noone is man enough to do that but we will see

are you ready

the force of the mall ninja is strong with this one.

SW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts