Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 15 round mag yesterday and it fit perfectly in the 995 Classic. The spring is very tight and I had a trouble getting the last 5 rounds to seat. When I inserted the magazine it went in fine but the round didn't chamber fully and I had to push the bolt forward.

I'm going to the range today and try to put a couple of magazines through and see if that helps loosen things up a bit. Any one else have a similar experience?

These magazines won't fit the Tactical model without modification. This indicates some subtle differences between the basics of these weapons.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I had three mags, the two factory mags that came with the gun. And one 15 rounder I bought later on down the road. The 15 rounder worked better than the two factory mags...

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
As you can see, that's how varied the experiences are with the 15rd mags.

I would leave it loaded for about 3 months before even trying it. It did OK for me after leaving it loaded, only the second round would consistently jam.

My Dad, however, has not had 1 problem with his. Both guns were purchased at the same time, as were the mags. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I have two 15 rd Pro Mags. I had to use a Dremel tool to grind a portion of the plastic off so the mags would slide into my ATI stock. Before I used the mags the first time I compared them to the factory mag. The feed lips on the Pro Mags did not match the angle of the factory mag. I used needle nose pliers to bend the lips to the same angle. Both mags feed all 15 rds every time without a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.