15 Round ProMag .40 Range Report

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Sep 8, 2014.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

These bastards work! I had 1 with the HP follower, and one with the PM follower. They work.

I found even with the 10rd HP mags you need to poke the rounds as you are loading them if not they nose dive while you are loading.

Incase you want to know these are the HIP-A5's :cool:

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have a 15 rounder for the 995, I did the follower smoothing (sandpaper, 180 grit) It is smoother in there and moves up and down easier...

These need a bit of work, but can/should work OK with some attention.
    I might sell the 995 and the ProMag with it, in favor of another project.
    But I'd love to get it working well first! (still never ran it)

3. Bye-bye Lifetime Warranty.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Maybe. They say it will, but they gave never once applied that policy, as far as we know.

And of course, at the price...think of the gun as a consumable. Use it up, buy a new one.:p

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have quoted the flyer in the box, so have you. This had to do with 9's. And really if you had any common sense look at the mags in the pics.

So where do you pull this idea out of? Nowhere does it say anything about the .45, or the .40.

WTF dude? I thought this was settled? Is there a comprehension problem here? Or do you like to troll? :rolleyes:

6. Yes, I know that Hi Point hasn't put anything in writing about Pro-Mags voiding the warranty on .40 and .45 cal models (not that I'm aware of, anyway), but it seems highly unlikely to me that they'd only restrict the usage of Pro-Mags in just one model of their carbines.

Granted, I haven't taken the time to call Hi-Point directly and get a straight answer about this, so it was probably a premature comment on my part. Just my gut instincts at work. No need for you to get worked up about it. If you think the comment is bs, just consider it noise and ignore it.

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    Highlighted for CLARITY :D
    I'll prolly keep the 995TS as a "toy gun" and customize it like some of the Yahoos do... but a real hard hitter, I'll prolly use my fouty ;) (hat tip Ajole!)

8. dirtroadrider

dirtroadrider War Eagle Member

To answer your question on why the 995ts has the void and not the 40 or 45 would be the design of the weapon. The 9mm has a different breach design that would contact the magazine in a way that caused damage to the breach from contacting the mag and 40 an 45 do not have the breach design that allows the breach to come in contact with the mag on the last round that holds the breach open. This is my opinion and not a statement from HP. Also the new PM HIPMA5 have changes to the mag that the early mags don't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

What someone needs to do is take a pic of the 9mm mag from Ma right next to the latest ProMag and compare. I think the info is outdated. I am willing to bet the pistol mags of old and maybe new are different.

So maybe we need to see 3 side by side.

Frankly I don't give a poot as I really have no interest in a 9. Now a 45 that's a different story.

10. panoz77

panoz77 Member

There are more than 2 different magazine/follower designs for the Hipoint mags, I have at least 3 that have different combinations of followers/feed lips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

Panoz77 definitely a set of pics you could use on a 9mm thread and have it stickied!

12. mej24

mej24 Member

Do you find one combination works better than another?

The most effective way to stop a shooter is to shoot back.

13. undeRGRound

INDY

Is that my ProMag there on the left of pix 3, 4, and 5??? :D

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

;)

Yes it was :D

Does it work for you?

All the 9mm mags pictured work, with the exception of the Promag.

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

17. undeRGRound

INDY

Have not tried it yet, but I did disassemble it, smooth out the follower with a 180 grit sandpaper, and put it back together. It is lots smoother now. Before this, it felt like it was catching coming back up. I plan to get some DFL (teflon) and spray it really good, inside. I think it will do just fine ;)