Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

180 round fully legal Gatling Gun? :D

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  undeRGRound 
#1 ·

What rate of fire can YOU get? ;)

#5 ·
180 round fully legal Gatling Gun? :D

Because a Gatling Gun works off a hand crank, it isn't considered automatic or a machine gun. They're legal to own barring state restrictions. Unless you're asking if this particular one is fully legal? Did you mean "fully lethal" perhaps? Or has Melvin been teaching you the proper use of a question mark?

#8 ·
Because a Gatling Gun works off a hand crank, it isn't considered automatic or a machine gun. They're legal to own barring state restrictions. Unless you're asking if this particular one is fully legal? Did you mean "fully lethal" perhaps? Or has Melvin been teaching you the proper use of a question mark?
You can buy reproduction gatling guns. A quick search shows that "lookalike" functioning guns (mostly for reinactors, apparently) start around $5K. 100% historically accurate reproductions appear to start at around $45K-$50K.

There's even a category for 'em on gunporker.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

#9 ·
100% historically accurate reproductions appear to start at around $45K-$50K.

There's even a category for 'em on gunporker.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
IIRC more like $65,000. That was the price I got at NRA 2015 from the guy that was wiping it with alcohol from Colt.

#10 ·
IIRC more like $65,000. That was the price I got at NRA 2015 from the guy that was wiping it with alcohol from Colt.
The price I gave was from the websites.

(mobile)

#11 ·
Going by my experience with steel SKS mags, the experience would be disappointing. Pow, pow, stop to clear malfunction, pow, pow, pow, stop again to clear failure.

#13 ·
These home made ones from SKS and shotguns are actually quite common on a number of sales sites and in home town gun stores. Bunch of gimmick rigs.

But, the true reproductions of a civil war Gatling gun is impressive to see! One of my LGS owned by a woman dedicated to Women has a Brass and Steel reproduction one on display and has actually sold some. In 45-70 caliber.. They are beautiful to see and since they are not a full auto, even my club allows them to be fired. I think, don't remember for certain, hers runs about $35,000. So I don't pay much attention to them!!!!! Includes an original style horse carriage.

Looks just like a real one the Union Army used in our Civil War over at the Rock Island Arsenal Museum though. Same caliber even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.