Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored today. Everyone in a tizzy over the 10 yr rememberance of Columbine. So, I figured I'd dress up my Taurus PT1911.

The factory grips always bugged me, as they were too sharp for my beautifully soft skin (stop laughing), so some time ago I bought the Hogue wraparounds which were nice, and the Pachmeyr wood and rubber wraparounds. These grips are good looking, comfy, and are all around excellent in my book. Buuut...I didn't care much for the Pachmeyr medallions set into the rubber.

So I mulled over what I could put in there. Lo and behold, I found that the head of a .45ACP is almost perfectly matched!!! Using my cutoff wheel mounted dremel and two expended brass casings, I cut the ends off, sanded the rough out of them, and polished them up. I popped the old medallions out, cleaned the recesses, and superglued the headstamps into place.

Here's some before and after.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That really is nothing short of awesome.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the good words all, and no, you can't have my hogues!!! LOL!
Funny part is, those .45 casings were shot thru my JHP! I do have a few Federal casings left over when I was test firing Hydrashoks. That might look cool as well.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Nice but you might want to coat those with something to keep the brass shiny and nice looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.